So it begins:

-
The goal is to get the car back on the road as Driver Quality (not Show) in F4 Green.

Freshen up the interior back to OEM appearance....except for the steering wheel which I want use this Grant wheel:
grantwheel.gif

Full (OE Manifolds) dual 2.25" Exhaust with turbo mufflers and resonators.

Install a Black Vinyl Top.

Replace that broken Passenger Side tail light lense.

Install a more current wheel and tire combo (probably 17's all the way around)
c5_polished.jpg

Polish up the bumpers and call it a done deal Driver.

No car should be complete without Sirius Satellite Radio and a CD player so that will be right before I get the windows tinted 20% all around.

This cars' days of sitting beside a trailer house is over.
It will forever have a garage to call home and only be left outside during 7am-4pm while I am at work.

Notice I did not go into wild 416 stroker stuff, racing valvebodies, and deep geared Sure-Grip stuff shooting for a stupid E.T.

The drivetrain is going to remain as close to stock as possible.

I do not need a race car that stays broke more than it runs.

When I want to go drag racing, I will buy a Drag Car.

Also would like to point out, I am trying to get most of this stuff done on a budget of $5000.00

Once I get the car up to snuff appearance and driveability wise, I will build a mild Roller 324ci low compression engine for my later plans of a Single Turbo Blow-through setup.

Call me crazy, you'll see the results....just not tommorow.

Should make for a interesting read as you build.
A turbo 324 ought to wake things up.
Have you worked on or run turbo cars before?
I've been keeping an eye on a guys blog, he's building a /6 thats
turboed and injected.
He uses parts scarfed from other brand cars and is controlling it with a
scratch built computer from a kit.

I work on Turbo Engines quite frequently to be honest.

I have dreams of turboing everything.

I think turbo(s) are the answer to all of our horsepower needs......smaller overall displacement and boost to compensate for lack of low end torque.

The hardest part of Turbocharging anything is where to put a 10-35 lb 2ft square unit....the intake and exhaust piping is another obstacle, and oil feed(s) and drainage the last obstacle.

Fuel systems are not so complicated.

Blow Through carbs are not all that hard to tinker with.

Multi-port Fuel Injection and Iginition timing control would be nice, but its not absolutley necessary.

I am a certified welder, worked in Metal Fabrication for nearly 5 years, I can weld stainless like a pro.

I do not let anyone do mechanical work on anything I own, besides installing tires on rims.

I would like to think I am pretty meticulous.

Needless to say, I am excited to get started wrenching and sanding and painting this Dart.

This is not mine but you can get an idea:
TT3.jpg

turbo69dart.jpg

:happy10:

MegaSquirt is the control he is using.
Looks like your darts in for alot of modification and an interesting life!

Hell Yea Cuzn!

You got yourself a killer starting point, as you well know.

I cant wait for a ride in her. Even with that 2bbl. Twin Turbo....even better.

Keep us all posted

good looking car, looks just like mine. just remember to stay focused on what you want to do with the car, things have a tendency of getting carried away. i started out thinking i'd keep the /6 and just drive it, now, 360/727/8.75, lbp rallys, disk brakes, etc. great pics.

I see you've had some blood letting between you two.... I some cultures this is considered marriage. Better than a Goat I guess.... 8)

Good luck with your project. Like I said, looks like a nice solid start. And as for getting in touch with your buddy on the `65 Dart, my wife will feed my genitals to the dog if I drag home another project. I just made it to the point where dropping a V-8 in my `74 Dart is OK.

But if another one comes home.....
sterb035.gif

I work on Turbo Engines quite frequently to be honest.

I have dreams of turboing everything.

I think turbo(s) are the answer to all of our horsepower needs......smaller overall displacement and boost to compensate for lack of low end torque.

The hardest part of Turbocharging anything is where to put a 10-35 lb 2ft square unit....the intake and exhaust piping is another obstacle, and oil feed(s) and drainage the last obstacle.

Fuel systems are not so complicated.

Blow Through carbs are not all that hard to tinker with.

Multi-port Fuel Injection and Iginition timing control would be nice, but its not absolutley necessary.

I am a certified welder, worked in Metal Fabrication for nearly 5 years, I can weld stainless like a pro.

I do not let anyone do mechanical work on anything I own, besides installing tires on rims.

I would like to think I am pretty meticulous.

Needless to say, I am excited to get started wrenching and sanding and painting this Dart.

This is not mine but you can get an idea:
TT3.jpg

turbo69dart.jpg

:happy10:

Where would I get a set up like this including the headers?

Hey KSP thanks for the interest. That is a good question.

Unfortunately, Mopars' and other brand V8's were never offered in any beneficial platform for us to rob parts off of.

All turbo V8 cars (aside from 1980 Turbo Trans Am's) are custom tailor made to owners specifications. Each potential budget/owner different.

I prefer Single Turbo applications because they require (1) less of everything else and can make as much practical horsepower/torque as twins....its a cost effective approach at least.

If you wanted a setup like that, you could order or fab up the Header Flanges, buy mandrel bends online or through Jegs/Summit and fab them up yourself.....but it helps to have all the proposed turbo components on hand to help with Mock Up.

A little indepth reading on www.turbomustangs.com should have you understanding what exactly the bottom line is for a specific setup.

I cannot go into great detail with MY setup yet, because I am focusing on Body Work, Paint, and Interior before I even start to go messing with my Swinger's running and moving under its own power-Drivetrain.

Good luck, if you need sizing help, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Love the car Prine! Your like a father with his new born baby just brought home! Keep us updated on your project including where your budget goes it will make interesting reading and give new guys an idea of what is accomplishable on a budget!

Thanks for saving her!

Thanks for all the compliments, comments!

Here is the Prine Family:
PrineFamily.jpg

+ 1 on the way!!!

Wife is pregnant with the 3rd, and we are hoping it is a boy!, so I can train a future Mopar Lover to drive me around when I get too OLD!!!

Thanks Again for all the comments, keep em coming!

Well time for a update I suppose...

I have spoken with a few of you in the chat room, and as you know have been getting irritated with my 1.1hp-17 Gallon Craftsman Air Compressor...kinda disaspointed with its lack of ability to run a DA sander for more than 3 minutes...but I brought that upon myself by not researching my Pnuematic Needs I guess...:banghead:

I have used about 1 gallon of StrippX KS-3 and removed nearly all of the cruddy Dark Green paint that was baked on.

I have about 10 hours of stripping and sanding put in so far.

I am going to remove the bumpers and grille and continue sanding.

Hope to have it Primed and Block Sanded and ready for color in the next 2 months.

I have confirmed my decision, and I am locked in on the Original F4 Color.

Take a look, tell me what you think of my minor progress:

DSC06656.jpg

DSC06657.jpg

DSC06658.jpg

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06660.jpg

DSC06661.jpg

DSC06662.jpg

DSC06663.jpg

DSC06664.jpg

More to come...with time

Good find, keep us posted on your work. Thanks for the pictures & video.

Well guys, I have been anxiously awaiting time for a update to this thread.

I have been going as fast as "Dart Time" can be obtained these days.

Still stripping the old 1/16" multilayers of F8 green off back down to bare metal and original F4 Green. Cut out the rusted sheetmetal on the rear quarters and welded in some 18ga sheet metal and filled and sanded to smooth finish.

Before:
DSC06663.jpg

DSC06664.jpg

After:
DSC07153.jpg

DSC07160.jpg

Finished sanding the top to bare metal, got all the surface rust under control and smoothed down with 180 grit.
The Top is now a very smooth shiny surface.
DSC07156.jpg

DSC07158.jpg

DSC07159.jpg

DSC07162.jpg

(Didn't get a finished top pic-It got Dark on me!)

I have a Auto Glass buddy coming over to pull the front and rear windshields, still need to remove the rear valance, Hood, Trunk Lid, Rear Quarter Extensions, Front Fender Extensions, door handles, door locks, and remote mirror.

Just keeping my eye on the End Result and working toward it.

I am not a AutoBody Pro by any means, so please give me all the Advice you can related to what you can see that I am doing right or wrong...I am just giving it a honest effort with no experience in AutoBody.

Stay Tuned,

Prine

Over the Independence Day Weekend, I invested some more time with the DA and the Craftsman Compressor.....Plugging along:

DSC07301.jpg

DSC07302.jpg

DSC07304.jpg

DSC07305.jpg

DSC07306.jpg

DSC07307.jpg

Upon everyones recommendation, I decided to take it all the way to bare metal. 363 sanding discs down, only 100 or so left before I run out..:cheers:

Lemme know your inputs.

Body looks solid.
What is on passenger fender, repair with lead?
What are you going to use to fill the roof seams.....back to lead?

Nice Progress.

Hmmmm....why do I get the feeling nobody cares?

:pottytra:

I trust you treated the rust before covering it up

I should have bought some stock in 3M!! Thats a lot of disks man, but its definitely paying off. How are your elbows feeling??!!

It's not that we don't care, it's because your dumbass posted in the wrong place. Put it in Members Restorations where it belongs--then we can pile on and wear yer *** out.

We really do care.

I don't know if indeed I really care but the thread is interesting .
Got any pics of the patches under the plastic filler ?
I was gonna bag on you for just covering it with bondo then I kinda saw a square edge peeking out .
So maybe I do care:dontknow:

-
Back