So long blue and hello new

-
Nice truck but ewwwww automatic:-D

Yeah I love shifting gears,but boy I was glad for it on Friday night sitting in traffic going through Pittsburgh by PNC Field where the Pirates play.

8) Congrats on the new truck.......VERY nice & I bet you'll get used to the auto trans real fast!! That was a fun visit and you'll need to stay longer next time :thumbup:

View attachment 1714718904

He put us to work too :violent1: LOL JK John!!

Thanks 6pkC! It was a fun visit and hope I can do it again!
I have been known to be a slavedriver:D!

No problem grassy,feel free to butt in anytime:D. The '06 I came out of has roughly 385,000 miles on it and never had any engine issues. Just the normal wear and tear like clutches and a transmission. The original alternator took a dump after 341,000 and still on the original injector pump and injectors.

Do buying a RAM diesel with 200k miles on it would still be reliable transportation as long as it didn't have a plow on front ? It is a different mindset than a gas truck...

Do buying a RAM diesel with 200k miles on it would still be reliable transportation as long as it didn't have a plow on front ? It is a different mindset than a gas truck...

I don't what to say there grassy. If it were me, I "try" and stay away from trucks that had a snowplow on them,unless it was cheap. You never know how hard it was used and abused during that 200k miles.

My friends , over the years, have bought trucks with snow plows on them...always major problems...

With those prices I quoted, I will never be able to afford new..

ian.

My friends , over the years, have bought trucks with snow plows on them...always major problems...

With those prices I quoted, I will never be able to afford new..

ian.

Oh I know grassy. The prices are just way too high out of my price rage as well. I would love to own a new truck but will hang onto my old reliable '01 for as long as I can.

Your 01 was the one you drove to Tony & Thelma's I seen, nizze truck for sure and I bet you take great care of it, just how many miles have you put , or have on it now John ?

Your 01 was the one you drove to Tony & Thelma's I seen, nizze truck for sure and I bet you take great care of it, just how many miles have you put , or have on it now John ?

That's the one Mike:cheers:! It has a little over 106,000 miles now. It would be less if I kept it in storage and didn't drive it quite as often as I do now. I have neglected it too long and need to get her cleaned, waxed and put it back in storage till I need to use it for those long car show trips.

Update: Well after I got a new RAM 4500 truck to drive for work back in May and my old '06 Dodge Ram was just going to be the spare truck. Well with recent issues with the old '06 Dodge and an '07 Ford F350,by boss decided he was tired of spending money on the old Dodge and keeping the Ford. So today I am the new owner of another Dodge and will give it the TLC it needs.

[ame]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj284/j-miller1/untitled_zpsc45062cb.png[/ame]

I eventually will have to give up the aluminum stake body for the next new work truck next year. I will probably get another bed similar but more like the one on the 2014 4500 I currently drive.

-
Back