So much for that toyota quality..

-
Guess i got a GOOD one just 1 minor recall..Toyota has 3 this year alone,but it's only April they'll have 6 more before the years out..

Seat backs falling straight to the back of the cab is hardly minor. Just that Ford caught it before it became a public issue. Which if you give credit to Ford give them credit for taking care of the issue, not trying to cover it up.

I'm not defending Toyota in anyway. I think if you backtrack this thread you'll see where I chimed in about malfeasance a while ago.

Just try not to compare Ford wearing rose colored glasses. For instance what did become a public issue was the cruise control recall on everything from the Ranger/Explorer on down going all the way back to '93. And the lack of parts to take care of the recall, because they couldn't determine the best possible (ie, cheapest) fix. Or the massive recall on every Ford earlier this century because the wiper motors could short out in the rain. (Ironic, huh?) Or the recall on the Taurus/Taurus X/Sable platform (500/Milan/Freestar) on the rear brakes and the lack of parts to do anything about it. Or the fact the Focus is the most recalled car in history.

Every company has a history of recalls. Recalls because of design or just plain stupidity. It's a matter of how the company deals with it. To me, Toyota's lack of corporate responsibility in this manner smacks the same as Ford's lack of corporate responsibility with the Firestone issue when they sought to blame the entire issue on the tires.

Ford issuing the recalls on the cruise override without providing parts or issuing recalls on the rear brakes without providing enough parts to go around? From a corporate standpoint I could see it, but from a tech standpoint, it's hard to look at a customer who needs rear brakes, under recall and say "sorry, but they're on national back order for who knows how long."

seat backs falling straight to the back of the cab is hardly minor. Just that ford caught it before it became a public issue. Which if you give credit to ford give them credit for taking care of the issue, not trying to cover it up.

I'm not defending toyota in anyway. I think if you backtrack this thread you'll see where i chimed in about malfeasance a while ago.

Just try not to compare ford wearing rose colored glasses. For instance what did become a public issue was the cruise control recall on everything from the ranger/explorer on down going all the way back to '93. And the lack of parts to take care of the recall, because they couldn't determine the best possible (ie, cheapest) fix. Or the massive recall on every ford earlier this century because the wiper motors could short out in the rain. (ironic, huh?) or the recall on the taurus/taurus x/sable platform (500/milan/freestar) on the rear brakes and the lack of parts to do anything about it. Or the fact the focus is the most recalled car in history.

Every company has a history of recalls. Recalls because of design or just plain stupidity. It's a matter of how the company deals with it. To me, toyota's lack of corporate responsibility in this manner smacks the same as ford's lack of corporate responsibility with the firestone issue when they sought to blame the entire issue on the tires.

Ford issuing the recalls on the cruise override without providing parts or issuing recalls on the rear brakes without providing enough parts to go around? From a corporate standpoint i could see it, but from a tech standpoint, it's hard to look at a customer who needs rear brakes, under recall and say "sorry, but they're on national back order for who knows how long."

ok once again my ford truck has had one minor recall not bad for an '01..if your a toylete lover good for you,i get a good laugh everyday as i pass by the toylete dealer with all the cars lined-up for recall repairs...

My 17 year old 4Runner is running sweet and looking good, but I wouldn't buy a new one.

DSC00098.jpg

I'd love one of those! Chuck surfboards in the back plus a mattress and head up the east coast with my son searching for secret breaks. awesome!

ok once again my ford truck has had one minor recall not bad for an '01..if your a toylete lover good for you,i get a good laugh everyday as i pass by the toylete dealer with all the cars lined-up for recall repairs...
So exactly what kinda ford truck you have?????

i cant say that i am a big fanof toyota i had a camry that i bought used for like 6 grand had 89,000 on it i figured damn just broke in drove it til it hit 100,000 no joke at 101,000 it caught fire at a stop light no freaking check engine light or nothing just smoke. wont do it again so far my most reliable car is my 05 SRT 4 no issues 105,000 just oil changes

Hardly a Toyota lover. It's your thread, go back and re-read some of it.

What I am telling you, though, it that Ford has the same history. With sweeping recalls across the board and corporate finger-pointing. So if you're looking to compare Toyota to a company with clean track record, look for someone besides Ford.

-
Back