So that's where they went

-

LS-300

Reaction score
I have been around cars for a long time and love the 68 Barracuda. When I go places I almost never see them. Yesterday I went to the local drag strip for a show called "Gathering of the Geezers". This was an event that alowed the 50+ crowd to drag race against each other. Very nice event and a lot of fast cars there. Including 3-68 cudas a 67 and a 69. The only time I've seen more in one day was at the Woodward Dream Cruise. So I guess they don't just fade away they go drag racing!

What? No pics? LOL

Sounds like a cool deal.
I know about the picts! I actually was there for an Auto-x event that a friend was in and was suposed to watch him and give advice. If I had known about the other event in advance the camera would have been a must!
Lot's of old geezers out there. these guys were by no means babying their cars. I looked up one time to see a primer gray 69 or 70 Dart grab some air and ride it out for a good 30-40 feet. There were guys with rods that didn't even have all the sheet metal work done yet like one guy with no front end on his truck. There was a sweet 70 Mach 1 that the owner was definatly driving to win. As well as a late 60's or early 70's Mopar station wagon that was Haulin more than grocerys. A 63 Dodge wagon with a 383 wasn't looking bad. I also watched a Studabaker wagon that had a factory supercharger on it.
Yea I could kick myself for not having a camera.
But that might hurt!

"Gathering of the Geezers". This was an event that alowed the 50+ crowd to drag race against each other.
Geezers? I guess I quailify..

Actually from what I saw they did have a lot of fun. As for picts I may have an out!!! We have a local guy that travels around to most of the events and takes pictures. I checked his web site and sure enough he has a note of pictures to be added and that event is on the list. So when he posts his picts I'll include the link.
As for qualifying for the event? I'll admit I too am in that bunch!

-
Back