So the Edelbrock heads are in

-

jerry6

Banned
Reaction score
will be put on in the next week or 2 . Combo will now be heads , crane 1.6 rockers , Comp cam 262 , should be good with the 1.6 rockers , .502 lift , Air Gap intake . Just hope with the heads I can use cheaper gas , 1.60 - 1.70 a litre for 94 octane is killing me .

I've got a similar combo with a little less cam, and yea the 94 octane kinda sucks, but it should go pretty good with those heads, I know mine does.

I've got a similar combo with a little less cam, and yea the 94 octane kinda sucks, but it should go pretty good with those heads, I know mine does.
you oughta try our 91 octane cow piss!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you spent ?? 2000 bucks ?? on a head swap so you can save the difference of a U.S. quarter a gallon on gas?

you oughta try our 91 octane cow piss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will not run on 91 , at least not now , maybe with new heads
What's your actual compression ratio going to be with the new heads?
Compression is 10.3:1

So you spent ?? 2000 bucks ?? on a head swap so you can save the difference of a U.S. quarter a gallon on gas?
Over 7.00 a gallon and I drive 150 miles a day with the ca in the summer , 20-30cents /litre savings at 75 litres a tank adds up right quick .

3.78 liters per gallon @ 1.6 to 1.7 per liter does add up fast.

I could be worse. I use aluminum heads and still have to run torco
What's your compression ratio 11.5 + ?
I really hope the cheaper gas will be okay with the alu heads , plus you never know how long they will keep making it , only petro can has it now , the rest have 92or 93 octane . The car does not like the no name or 92 octane super gas , gets pinging with it .
It is not the only reason I bought the heads , picking up a few 10ths at the track , and weight saving are part of the equation . I figure with the intake , headers and heads I've taken 100 lbs off the front end .If they made an Alu block I'd save up for that as well .

I wouldve done a water/meth injection kit. Cheap octane booster. Just buy a gallon of -30 windsheild wash fluid and a bottle of zeet. And bam you have 50/50 water meth and 10octane points.

-
Back