So, whats the coolest, oddest most expensive car etc you have sat in, driven, ridden

-
The man,knows his cars..... The collection he used to have,was HUGE. I don't know ,nowadays.

The ones that I mentioned were just the tip of the iceberg. There were motorcycles, bicycles, nos parts and more Chevrolet muscle cars than you could shake a stick at.

I've driven so many rare valuable cars that I can't even remember most of them.... :D

Attachments

• Delorean 2-10 001.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 196
  • P1070848 (Small).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 185
Hey Thanks Bomber..... Here's a supposed 1 of 2 65 Lambo's made. Personally I don't really care for European cars :)

Attachments

• Lambo 1965 1 of 1 001 (Small).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 206
  • Lambo 1965 1 of 1 012 (Small).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 188
Hey Thanks Bomber..... Here's a supposed 1 of 2 65 Lambo's made. Personally I don't really care for European cars :)

60-64 Lamborghini, (when sports cars,had some soul). I like it. The 60's sports cars,are fun to drive.

Working for a Dodge Dealer that had a reputation for older mopars, I've been in and driven several high end cars.
We got one of the 1st Vipers, of course it had to be driven after it was prepped. Several of us took it for a quick spin up the street and back, the GM took it up the street and disappeared around the corner. About 20 min later he comes back and is white as a ghost. The top wasn't latched down tight, and when he decided to take the Viper onto the interstate and "open her up" the top went flying. Back then that top was over $2500. He was bitching about the top not being tight, the car was supposed to go right into the show room and the top come off. His orders.Somehow we got the top paid for under warranty.

Ex Father in law was a member of a corvette club in Cal and he owned 17 vettes. (including serial no 3) 1953 Corvette with the hurricane 6 in it.
Most expensive car I ever sat in at 1.5 million.

My favorite I drove quite a few times was his metal flake midnite blue 66 Stingray, 427, 4 speed.

My all time top speed in a car was 166 mph in a Jaguar roadster on the way to a ralley race. (passenger)

Hey was that corvette blue by any chance? My dad worked for Chevrolet back in the seventies and had a 68-69 vet with a 427 4speed.

(Never mind just realised you said TRI power. His was single 4) but you may have met him anyways he was shorter guy John pino??

No, it was black with a tan interior.

I also worked for Midas a while ago, I did a brake job on a Delorean.

Tell you what, For the guy that thought up, engineered and marketed on of the most popular muscle cars ever, for him to come up with that thing, is pretty sad, what a pile that thing was.

Ok, most memorable, I went to the dealer with my brother in 1970 to pick up his new Challenger. 440 4 speed. He used to let me shift it from the pass side, I was 11. When I was about 14 my friends dad had a 65 GTO with a 4 speed. He would let us all pile in when he "took the car for gas". He would always bang a few gears! Later on I drove a 69 Pontiac Trans Am, all stock but man that car had some guts. I also drove a Batmobile from the 60's series and a Superbird (exciting for me!) Interesting post.

I used to install car audio and competed locally. One year our shop was able to get the Audiobahn 1955 wagon demo vehicle to one of our shows. We had a severe thunderstorm warning the night before. I had a pretty big garage so they let me drive it home and store it over night inside. :)
https://www.feslerbuilt.com/1955_Chevy_Wagon.html

I've had my share, while I was working at the restoration shop, but I have to say that the rarest and most odd car I've ever driven in, was a 1939 American Bantam Wagon.

39-American-Bantam-SW_DV-09_AI-07.jpg

It belongs to a friend of mine, who parks it in his ranch house. Its about 10 feet long and there are 21 left. Only two of them are survivors. His is one.

Not too many people know this, but Bantam designed the prototypes of the Jeep (the BRC 40) The US military purchased the design from them and supplied Ford and Willy's to handle production volume for WWII.

I think the most fun I've had driving a car, was the 1970 Hemi Superbee that I did for the resto shop.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjEmTKevG3o"]1970 Dodge Hemi Superbee.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I'm behind the camera in that video, but I did take it out a couple of times.

I think his website is either down or doesn't exist anymore. I don't know.

I think the most fun I've had driving a car, was the 1970 Hemi Superbee that I did for the resto shop..

Memories of my 70 V code RR. LOooonnnggggeeesstt shifter throw in any passenger car, LOL

By the way, how's your job situation, working out?

Rode in a Facel Vega a few times when I was young, and drove a RHD Jensen Interceptor more recently.

A friend was friends with Reggie Jackson. I got to lift the covers on whatever cars I wanted. My favorites were 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt, 69 ZL1 Camaro, Ferrari Testarossa, 62 Max Wedge Dart.

I drove Reggie's 63 Max Wedge car at the Mecum auction and got his picture in front of the car

Hard to drive a race motor max wedge with an auto on carpet. Trying to keep it running hold the brakes tight and push the button to put it in gear without rolling the carpet up........ LOL

Ex Father in law was a member of a corvette club in Cal and he owned 17 vettes. (including serial no 3) 1953 Corvette with the hurricane 6 in it.
Most expensive car I ever sat in at 1.5 million.

My favorite I drove quite a few times was his metal flake midnite blue 66 Stingray, 427, 4 speed.

My all time top speed in a car was 166 mph in a Jaguar roadster on the way to a ralley race. (passenger)

Have you got any pictures of the metal flake 66 ? There was one at Mecum in Indy last week and it was custom painted blue metal flake. Didn't read the article on it but it was done back in the day

I think the most fun I've had driving a car, was the 1970 Hemi Superbee that I did for the resto shop.

1970 Dodge Hemi Superbee.wmv - YouTube

I'm behind the camera in that video, but I did take it out a couple of times.

I think his website is either down or doesn't exist anymore. I don't know.

That Bee sounds good! Nice handiwork.

Oh man, do I have a LOT. As some of you know, I worked at the Chrysler Proving grounds for many years. I was part of the Performance and F/E team so I got to test a lot of way cool things. Here is one, anyone remember the ME412?

What every happened with that? only found out about it from a video game

I sat in an original 66 hertz Shelby gt 350. all original unrestored one of 3 four speeds. It belongs to the owner of Auctions of America who is a friend of my fathers. He got that car going 100+ and did donuts in it. It was the greatest thing I've ever experienced.

Posted via Topify on Android

Attachments

• topify_1400979166515.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 117
My Uncle's Stanley Steamer

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qewjPqeh19Q"]1911 Stanley Model 72 Steamer Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Tom

I went to look at an old 63 Dodge 330 once and ended up sitting in an original A990 car. That was wild. No roll bar either. Guy told me he wanted 80 grand for it. Would have been a bargain!

When I was a little kid in the early 70s I can remember doing 120 in a Honeycomb wheel Firebird with one of my dad's friends. That will be forever burned into my memory.

Got to drive a few SRT 8s when I was a tech. Did a brake job on a Charger and took it for a 'road test'. Those cars are pretty quick.

Oddest car I ever rode in was a 1965 Amphicar....Saleslady drove it right down the dock and into the lake.Most memorable riding in..1965 Belvedere Hemi car, 1962 380 Horse 409 Impala. One memorable drive was a 63 Impala 425 Horse 409. Most memorable drive was when my 65 273 4 speed Dart with 2 AFB'2 and racer brown cam spotted a 62 Impala 300 horse 2 cars and beat him by 2 cars in a street race.

-
Back