So who sits in the middle??

-
part of doing the job properly is teaching them to recognize circumstances and situations they simply need to avoid

the Bible tells us to "flee sexual immorality" and to "make no provision for the flesh"

i would not even trust my own self in some of these situation and i sure am not going to let my kids walk into them
QUICK. put the sheet over the children, lest they see the world for the way it is.

truth is evil.......sigh

I kinda lean to the right when I'm driving...almost in the middle :lol:

part of doing the job properly is teaching them to recognize circumstances and situations they simply need to avoid

the Bible tells us to "flee sexual immorality" and to "make no provision for the flesh"

i would not even trust my own self in some of these situation and i sure am not going to let my kids walk into them

Going to a movie or sitting at BK is sexual immorality?

Why not just recognize it as an a completely wonderful evening for two young people instead of putting your own personal spin on what you see out of it?

Going to a movie or sitting at BK is sexual immorality?

Why not just recognize it as an a completely wonderful evening for two young people instead of putting your own personal spin on what you see out of it?

i wont tell you why i dont go to movies either since that is a different conversation altogether

and you're right, Christ was tempted, but im not so conceded to think i have the biblical knowledge He has

ill re-iterate my point since it seems to be missed, the Bible makes it clear not all temptations are to be faced, 1st corinthians 6:18 tells us to flee fornication.
because of that, i wont allow my kids to be alone in a car with members of the opposite sex
(im fact, the same goes for myself, but that is more of a perception issue)

i just so happen to believe that sex should be saved for marriage and i intend to do anything reasonable in my power to make it sure my children (sons and daughters) make it to their wedding night undefined

i know that is not a popular opinion, but i believe it to be the biblical one, and thats good enough for me

i wont tell you why i dont go to movies either since that is a different conversation altogether

and you're right, Christ was tempted, but im not so conceded to think i have the biblical knowledge He has

ill re-iterate my point since it seems to be missed, the Bible makes it clear not all temptations are to be faced, 1st corinthians 6:18 tells us to flee fornication.
because of that, i wont allow my kids to be alone in a car with members of the opposite sex
(im fact, the same goes for myself, but that is more of a perception issue)

i just so happen to believe that sex should be saved for marriage and i intend to do anything reasonable in my power to make it sure my children (sons and daughters) make it to their wedding night undefined

i know that is not a popular opinion, but i believe it to be the biblical one, and thats good enough for me

Why does an innocent date have to be about sex for you? You're the one who keeps bringing it back to sex.

Hell, I've been on multiple dates with women I've wanted to get to know and the date never once turned into the ideal of sex...

Maybe teach your boys that women are to be respected and seen as fellow human beings instead of walking pussies and you won't have anything to worry about. The ability to say "no" exists in all of us. Trust your kids to know when to say no.

A date is an interview process. Kinda awkward for your kid to sit and find out what love is or have the ability to see if the person is compatible and what may or may not work with Daddy being there.

Once the kid is out on his or her own, living by him or herself, are you gonna insist you keep going on dates? Or will you allow your children to live on their own because you don't trust them to make decisions without you making those decisions for them?

Fall back to the Bible all you want.

This seems like you want to be in total control of your kids' lives because you don't trust yourself as to teaching them right and since you keep thinking that an innocent date *has* to be about sex, I can see why.

it doesnt have to be about sex, but when i was about 18, i didnt think ahead
in fact, most of my thinking was done by hormones instead of my brain

im just trying to protect them, thats all
if they decide to move out, sure, they can make their own rules

Let's get back on track.

500px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Ok. I'm the last one to preach about morals.
Just trying to get to good guys here back on track.
Have at it.

That was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Please don't take it literal.

With that being said my reply earlier as to who sits in the middle is my take on it now. I'm too damned old to worry about who sits where except where the car seats go.

That being said, in my younger years, I went on plenty of dates with a bench seat car or truck. It was her decision to ride next to me or the door. I never pressured her one way or the other.

I'm also secure enough that if it's her car then she drives. Hell, even being our car, if I'm not up to drive, then I have no issues riding shotgun, either.

The only woman I ever insisted on driving instead of riding was Sarah, her car or not. I wanted to get there in one piece.

The only woman I ever insisted on driving instead of riding was Sarah, her car or not. I wanted to get there in one piece.

is that the wife or daughter?

as for "back on track"

how about we go by height?
the tallest person gets the front seat
shortest one gets the hump
the other ones go in the back
and the owner of the car drives it

-
Back