So you guys don't like the cowl scoops, how about this

-

Guitar Jones

aka Angry Johnny
Reaction score
I've had this scoop for awhile not sure if I was ever going to use it. So tell me how you like this.

104880983.gif

104880972.gif

Looks good. I personally would rather see a factory appearing scoop on a car even if it came on another car. I have always been a fan of the early Max-Wedge and Hemi scoops also. It loooks to me like you have a winner on your hands.

I am going to go with the 6 pack scoop but if you dont want that this one is good!!! I would use it :walk:

me too...6-pack ALL THE WAY!!!!..BUT??...i do like the PLYMOUTHS hemi scoops better then your dodge hemi scoop.

sorry!!!!! :happy5:

Well the front hubs are off of it right now while I'm waiting for wheel bearing seals so I can't move it outside.

I've kind of passed the point of no return at this stage as I've already cut the hole and ground out the area on the hood where the scoop flange will go. Once I get it all glassed in and sanded down I'll post some more pics. I still need to make a scoop pan and get the carb and spacer properly mounted before I glass in the scoop.

never seen that scoop on a duster before! but it defintely looks cool to me:) and its diferent and that is somthing to apreciate to!

Hard to tell in the picture but it looks like a Max-Wedge scoop which had a dip in the middle. I liked it earlier I like it now. Different is a good thing. It will stand out in a crowd thats for sure.

That's the scoop I want on my Dart! would like to find a metal one, but good 'glass would do. or maybe a '63-65 Dart hood with a max wedge scoop molded in...AAahhh
I'm dreamin!

Looks killer to me, the dip in the scoop seems to match the rise in the hood quite nicely. I think it's a good fit. (Nice product placement with the Holley box in the background :toothy7: )

As promised here it is all 'glassed in and it's first coat of primer, I still have a lot of work to do on it though, I hate bodywork and especially fiberglass work. :D

106201391.gif

106201385.gif

I think it looks pretty good, I hope it works as well as it looks.

i think your scoop looks good but what i really like is your shark tooth grill :)

I like it!! I was thinking of that for my `68 dart. I wanted to cut it down in length and height a little bit. I don't want it to overpowering. I do not want the 6 pack or hemi scoop either. I am going for the road race look not the drag race look. Nice job!! :glasses7:

The scoop looks great! From what I understand, though, is that despite appearances, the reason why they never produced air cleaners that mate to the scoop inlets is that they don't actually work! Given how air likes to go up and over the hood, I have been told that the only thing the scoops do on the hood of my Duster is to very inefficiently let hot air leak out of my engine compartment. In the absence of a wind tunnel, any thoughts on this?

-LY

(P.S. VERY nice looking car!)

Much better than a chevy scoop on your Mopar....... Put that Cowl scoop on and see how many times someone says Nice Nova :). You made the right choice with going swith something Mopar.

Yep it looks like the Max Wedge scoop which will find its way on my 63 one day. It looks pretty good on it. Or you could go with the Dart dual scoops ! Ron

-
Back