So you think you can stance?

-
The rears were dangerously to close to the fender and wouldn't have worked with the back spacing they have. With a 5"-5.5" backspace I think they'd work great. Unfortunately, these Cragars only come in one backspacing per width.

And as far as everybody else's comments, I really appreciate all the positive feedback. I am absolutely in love with how the car is turning out. A bunch of my local buddies think I'm nuts. I've always been a Duster/Demon/Swinger/Scamp guy. Never liked early darts at all. Then, one day a few years ago, I ran across this car on Craigslist for $500. I had recently sold my Demon clone, and was craving another classic mopar. I figured I'd get it, drive it for a few months, and ditch it for a later A.

Well the engine was junk and smoked so bad nobody behind me could see the road. So I drove to Tenn. and picked up a low mile 170ci from a board member, freshened it up, dropped it in and started daily driving it. I was smitten! I absolutely LOVE this car. I tell everybody that it's Stockholm Syndrome!

Hell, since I bought the '64, I've purchased a very nice '72 Dart with a hot 318 and got rid of it, as well as a super low mile '70 Swinger, which I sold to fund the '64s resurection!

There's just something about these early As!

ok i love the look of these wheels. i may have missed it but what do you have to do the rear to get those to fit so good? is it a stock axle?

Alright, here goes. The suspension setup is stupid simple! It was actually about this low before I started working on it, but that was because everything was so wore out and the car was sitting on its bump stops. My goal was to keep it that low, while maintaining some suspension travel, for as cheap as possible.

So up front it got a "front end rebuild kit", disk brake conversion, 1.03" torsion bars and 2" drop spindles all from PST. Dampeners are KYB Gas-A-Justs, for now. At its current ride height, the front is a little over an inch off the bump stops. The wheels up front are 17x7 with a 4.2" back space and 205/45R17 rubber. I'm gonna have to roll the front fender lips probably, as its pretty close at full lock.

The rear is even simpler. I chunked the stock 7.25", which was 53.2" flange to flange, for a later A body 8.25", which is 51.4" flange to flange. The 8.25 is freshly rebuilt with a 3.55fd Sure Grip, and rebuilt 10" drums. The rear leaf springs are Espo 5 leafs de-arched 2", new Mopar shackles, and adjustable front hangers. The springs are not moved inboard at all and the wheel wells are unmodified. It also has KYB shocks in the back for now. The rear wheels are 17x8s with a 4.5" back space. Tires are 245/40R17s.

Oh, and the wheels are Cragar Eliminators.
oh just seen it lol. sweet car.

Love it !

Always liked the Cragar Eliminators, almost bought them for my Dart but went with something cheaper to save some money.

Love those pics of your car, makes me want to go out and find a 64 for a driver.

Keep up the good work !

I know its a different car but all I can think of when I see your car is.....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tES3mcwS8EQ"]Up in smoke lowrider Cheech and Chong - YouTube[/ame]

Great stance! Sweet look!

This is an older thread, have you done any mod's since February?

Have a 65 GT, ordering four wheel disc brake conversion kit, with two inch drop spindles. Looking to have the type of stance you have created with your car. :glasses7:

-
Back