Soda blaster??

-

woody_3

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking into buying a soda blaster to do some body work to my demon. Im just not sure if what im looking at will be big enough/ work good enough. Im looking at eastwoods 100 lb sodablaster. It requires 10-25 cfm at 90-125 psi. Do you guys think that would be big enough for my car?

All I can say for sure is have good clean DRY air for it. Otherwise the soda gets wet and clumps up plugging it all up. I used the HFT 40# one, works ok, small tip size so didn't cover a lot at one time, but it did work. Very very messy/dirty.

I HATE soda blastin. That stuff gets everywhere. Evenin places you didn't know you had. If you're ready for it to get in your *** crack, on your nut sack, and everywhere else you can imagine, but not knowhow the HELL it got there, go for it.

And yes, the size of that blaster will get the job done just fine.

I soda blasted my engine bay, none of the primer stuck. I've heard soda blasting isn't a good way to go?? Heard the soda gets stuck in the pores of the metal?
Just my .02

Soda blasting is fine. Just don't use plain baking soda. Use the stuff intended for media blasting. When you're done you MUST metal wash the surface otherwise the parime won't adhere to the metal correctly due to the PH level.

RustyRatRod- wear a paint suit & a hood. You can't do everything naked!

Soda blasting is fine. Just don't use plain baking soda. Use the stuff intended for media blasting. When you're done you MUST metal wash the surface otherwise the parime won't adhere to the metal correctly due to the PH level.

RustyRatRod- wear a paint suit & a hood. You
can't do everything naked!

Kinda takes all the fun outa it. LOL

-
Back