Software Dyno numbers

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
I just acquired a new copy of the older Mr. Gasket Dyno2000 software. Mostly I got it just for fun, but can someone tell me if these numbers sound reasonable?

360 bored .030 ( 4.030x3.58 )
9:1 flat top pistons
625 CFM Carter
Edlebrock AirGap dual plane
596 iron heads, mild porting, (1.88/1.60) Procomp roller rockers
E3N herbert cam - .450/.475 lift, 275/285 duration, 112 centerline
Long tube headers, 1 5/8 primary with 3" collector, Edlbrock mufflers, dual 2.5" exhaust with crossover.
Cast crank ground .010 on all bearing surfaces & stock rods
FBO Stage II Ignition 19 degrees at idle, 34 degrees all in about 3200rpms

Sorry, but I don't know head gasket thickness or piston depth in cyl @ TDC.

The dyno software says I peak 350hp @ 5500 rpms and 386ft/lbs @ 4000.
I'm not doubting the software, just curious what others think. I think making almost 1hp/cube isn't bad for as much stock equipment is in the motor.

This isn't the most extensive software, but it's nearly free. I'm not sure how it compares to the true "Desktop Dyno" software.

Cool, thanks.

I built the motor back when I didn't have a lot to spend on it, and a lot of these parts I got new with the car. I see no point in redoing anything until it needs it. Then I'll step up to a 408, or maybe build a good 349 (your article caught my attention).

For the interim, I think that setup with a 518 and 3.91 gears should be pretty fun.:cheers:

Sounds right to me too. I think 350 would be easy for your combo. Build it and let us know how you like it. Good luck, Terry.

Actually, I did build it, and it's in the car already. I'm not sure how aggressive the head porting is, and have no idea if the heads were milled before I got them. Also, I know the pistons are 180 degrees out (rod on low side relative to block).

I'll run it on the dyno once I get that new transmission in.

Down the road it will definately get a stroker with some good aluminum heads and hopefully some fuel injection.

-
Back