Solid 4 link bars?

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
Hey all, i am curious on what the title says, i am debating on doing a 4 link setup, either comp engineering or homemade. So i seen a 67 chevy, and it had 2" inch solid bars, how do i know? He told me they were solid, or atleast two were.

I was thinking, if they are solid wont they fatigue and end up bending? And if not why doesnt anyone run solid bars for a 4 link setup?
Is it Weight? Them bending? Cost?

It was a lifted truck by the way, he said the ends were drilled and tapped. Would this be doable in a lighter vehicle? It might sound stupid but im just curious.

Thanks

I'll bet it rode....like a truck

I have a 4- bar and have run heim/ rod ends....but to smooth out the ride (street car) , I switched the fronts heims to the Detroit Speed and Engineering rubber bushed models. This winter I will switch out the rear four.

For my coffee getter / street car the rubber bushed give a lot nicer ride...but NOT recommended for a throw down drag car because of the squishy give

What you saw on that trucks just sounds like an super heavy duty end....maybe they could not afford giant / big /2" adjustable rod/heim or solid ends

Thanks Hemidenny got it, i was just curious ,i thought of it as...

If you can bend rebar, being solid metal although its smaller in thickness, wont a 2" solid bar be bent with the weight of a truck on it? His had ends on it that were threaded into the bar. I was just thinking why not thick walled tubing?

What are the differance of heim ends and standard rod ends?

As for ride quality, i doubt he cared it was trailered and looked like maybe a trail rig or somethin. It was completely stripped with a cage, and had dents the size of bricks all over it.

I was just wantin to see how his rear was setup. I know its a truck just looking at a bunch of other cars suspension setups before doing mines.

-
Back