Solid Roller Lifter Selection

-
I bought my morels in 2008
Less than $300 at the time.

You can see in that list ..all that same garbage is now two or three times the price.

Dont fear the needle bearing...

"More cowbell"

My 470 stroker was built in 1998 with Comp 829s. 625 lift comp cam. Just over 700 lbs spring pressure. Made over 1000 passes at 7000 rpm. Then the the nitros fogger system went on. Had to shift at 8000 rpm cause it reved so quick. 200 or so passes on nos. In 2013 it came apart for a check over. Only things changed were the lifters and valve springs. 400 runs since. It was also street driven a few hundred miles a year the first 5 or 6 years. Kim

When a bushing goes bad, the lash just opens up. Needle bearings Hardened steel splinters.

When a bushing goes bad, the lash just opens up. Needle bearings Hardened steel splinters.

Not exactly.

The wheel barely stands proud of the lifter struts. So when the bushing fails the billet steel struts are rubbing on the billet steel camshaft, with the resultant filings getting into places they shouldn’t be.
This is also how many roller lifter failures with needle bearings start out.

It’s really bad news if either the bushing or bearing fails........ and you don’t catch it pretty quickly.

-
Back