Solid roller lifters

-
Dart19666 made me a killer fabo member deal of... Hey. I thimk was 666.00 ! What a coincidence...

And yes Moparofficial that does sound like valve float. I was trying to describe something closer to rythem or harmonics.

See... I said that other guy could articulate it better...

What are the best solid roller lifters for a small block that will see plenty of street use?
How often should they be replaced or rebuilt?

What is the reason to have the cups offset? Are you running the big mouth style heads?

I *THINK* he said he has W-2's or maybe Indys so he's using an offset rocker.

Again, I may be wrong because I didn't read the whole tread again.

What wife?
My greatest fear is calling my current by my exes name! I wont even verbalize the Exes name for fear it will come out of my lips some day...lol
And my ex passed away several years ago...

Crower makes good stuff... my SBM has a bunch of Crower stuff in it.

Jones cams is debuting their new steel on steel roller lifters at PRI this week... going to have to go check them out.

Not to dis any other lifters but Morel lifters are top of the line and available with 750 or 810 wheels and needles or bushings.

Last edited:
@Krooser Can you shed any light on there weight or web site as well as vs. BAMM roller lifters?

Shane... I got a set of 66238x903h from you earlier this year and just noticed that they can oil thru pushrods. Would there be any reason to use oil thru pushrods if I have oil feeds to the shafts ? Harlan Sharp W2 rockers...

Shane... I got a set of 66238x903h from you earlier this year and just noticed that they can oil thru pushrods. Would there be any reason to use oil thru pushrods if I have oil feeds to the shafts ? Harlan Sharp W2 rockers...

We do that because that was it can be used for push rod oiling or shaft oiling. Plus the Ball and cup pushrods need all the help they can get for high spring pressures, rpm, so on and so on. But that can only be used if you have pushrods that allow oil flow.

I understand that you do that to accomodate both styles of blocks. But was curious I could or should run both . Would I bleed off too much oil or pressure.? Etc...
My springs are Comp 943-16 and are rated at 551lbs/in . I will be ordering custom pushrods so I can order oil thru if needed.

Jones cams is debuting their new steel on steel roller lifters at PRI this week... going to have to go check them out.

Not to dis any other lifters but Morel lifters are top of the line and available with 750 or 810 wheels and needles or bushings.

I'm not going to PRI but I can't wait to see what Jones is doing.

@Krooser Can you shed any light on there weight or web site as well as vs. BAMM roller lifters?
Mike Jones does not have any updates on those new lifters... I'm sure he will after PRI.

The subject of roller lifter reliability has been often discussed over on www.speedtalk.com where I also hang out... mostly to learn from MANY professional engine builders and suppliers. The consensus is in street applications and endurance engines needle bearing have been problematic. A bronze bush is a good idea but the solid rollers also seems to be good... the NASCAR guys use steel on steel piston pins so the lifter rollers should work, too.

Jones DOES have his regular lifter info on his site... www.jonescams.com .

Just to be clear I certainly don't have a problem with ANY lifter manufacturer if the product fits the application... my 383 has Crower valve train stuff and it's really good quality. I've seen the Isky, Howards (made by Morel) and Morel lifters and they are outstanding, too. But I'm no pro... just an old crow!

Mike Jones does not have any updates on those new lifters... I'm sure he will after PRI.

The subject of roller lifter reliability has been often discussed over on www.speedtalk.com where I also hang out... mostly to learn from MANY professional engine builders and suppliers. The consensus is in street applications and endurance engines needle bearing have been problematic. A bronze bush is a good idea but the solid rollers also seems to be good... the NASCAR guys use steel on steel piston pins so the lifter rollers should work, too.

Jones DOES have his regular lifter info on his site... www.jonescams.com .

Just to be clear I certainly don't have a problem with ANY lifter manufacturer if the product fits the application... my 383 has Crower valve train stuff and it's really good quality. I've seen the Isky, Howards (made by Morel) and Morel lifters and they are outstanding, too. But I'm no pro... just an old crow!
Ya ha ha LMAO!
Great post. Yup! I troll around speed talk every now and again. I should actually be there more to learn something.

I'll be at PRI today... got into Indy last nite. I'll have some pix...going to ask Dominator why he doesn't run a Mopar motor in his Dart...

I'll be at PRI today... got into Indy last nite. I'll have some pix...going to ask Dominator why he doesn't run a Mopar motor in his Dart...
*I think!* that answer is in economics of engine building as well as what you have at the time vs what you don’t.

Also, I did catch him saying he is going to make a change so he will be, any already be, still planning to be running a RB.

Saw Mike at Jones... His new lifters look the same as his current deals but carry a $400.00 premium for the all steel deal. He has them manufactured for him here in the USA...

Saw so many outfits carrying Morels... Peeked at the Crower stuff, too.

I'm likely going to stick with a FT solid cam this season. The next race engine will be a roller

-
Back