Solstice!

-

grimreaper

Cross Member
Reaction score
So I stop at one of the local convenience stores to fill up the company truck. Of course the credit card reader won't work so I have to go inside to get the girl to activate the pump. As the fuel nozzle clicks full on the pickup a really nice, fully restored, 65 GTO which sounds oh so healthy and a 67 Chevelle which is also restored and extremely clean, pull up for a tankful. I had to be careful not to stumble as I was checking them out on my way inside the store to pay. While paying a couple of 20ish guys come from the back of the store and one of 'em says, "Woa dude! Check out the car!" The other kid says, Ya, It's awesome... a Solstice! Let's go check it out." Sure enough, someone had pulled in with a Pontiac Solstice. We all went out the door about the same time and the young guys headed directly over to the Solstice totally ignoring the GTO and Chevelle. "Nice car!", one of 'em says to the 60ish year old woman driving the Solstice. "Is it fast? What size wheels does it have?"......
I just shook my head, gave the real cars one more final look and got in the pickup. What in the world has happened when a Solstice steals the thunder away from muscle cars?!?

So Pontiac puts a 2.4 Ecotec in a Daewoo G2X platform and some bits and pieces from the rest of the GM production lines and it is a car that is cooler than real muscle cars????? Granted they weren't Mopars but I'm guessing they could have been a Hemi Cuda and a Superbird and those two guys wouldn't have noticed......

So Pontiac puts a 2.4 Ecotec in a Daewoo G2X platform and some bits and pieces from the rest of the GM production lines and it is a car that is cooler than real muscle cars????? Granted they weren't Mopars but I'm guessing they could have been a Hemi Cuda and a Superbird and those two guys wouldn't have noticed......

Times and generations have changed since we grew up.. Most of us had to bust our asses to get our first car or even a body to build, today a lot of kids expect what thay want... Not all, but some....

id like to count myself as a kid who enjoys the finer cars....that being the clasic American Muscle, Mopar in particular. i hate the majority of the people i graduated with this year, spoiled brats with brand new BWM's, Mercedes, toyotas or whatever. I, on the other hand, spent most of my junior year shopping and jus in september bought my 70 dart (avatar). i am a teen who LOVE muslce cars. i often say i was born in the wrong era. i look down on the "ricers" that populate my age-group.

as far as what a solstice is, who cares? its a discontinued chuck of GM plastic. Go Green, recycle it! bwahaha!

for what they make now thats a sharp car. but like when i grew up i liked the supra real bad/ as i got older and had to work on them it became just another pain in the ***. to fix.at lease it was not a vw or other import thing

What's a Solstice?

x2 ??????????

Its pathetic really, We wouldn't waste time on one in our Neon

solstice.jpg

when i read this last night i couldnt believe it!! so i talked to some friends, and they would all choose the solstice!! what is going on with kids now? i like to think that muscle cars will always be superior to any new car.

The two 20ish guys checking out the solstice need to turn in their "man card" asap!

when i read this last night i couldnt believe it!! so i talked to some friends, and they would all choose the solstice!! what is going on with kids now? i like to think that muscle cars will always be superior to any new car.

Consider yourself lucky in your group of friends, you're the guy with the most "commom sence".. Clueless people follow the crowd, smart people step outside that box and chart their own corse, wheather it be a car or just life in general...

I guess I'm lucky in having both worlds ( if Humble Bee gets running ). My wife always wanted a two seat BMW vert but we couldn't go the 50K then saw the Sky. Not too bad on the get up and go with a manual but man.....does it ever handle curves. Fun car to drive but the satisfaction isn't close to the Dart.

jsw_img_1258.jpg

-
Back