** SOLVED71 Demon key buzzer harness plugs in where?

-

ricomondo

Reaction score
Re wiring the Demon with M&H harness, and the original 5 wire ignition switch is being changed out as well as the ignition switch harness was cut.
While in the column, I noticed the key buzzer harness (two red wires) was also cut. Where does the two plug buzzer harness connect to please? I did look at the My Mopar wiring diagram as well, with no luck.

587CFE81-92E6-4206-9D4E-15940E66964A.jpeg

AD65DB0A-E4CA-4D39-8655-BB29136EA3BD.jpeg

Last edited:
I can’t remember for sure if the m&h harness I installed in mine had the wires on the dash harness side. But the wires from the switch should have connected to the dash harness thru the ignition switch connector. That’s how mine was. I would also check the switch to make sure it’s good.

I can’t remember for sure if the m&h harness I installed in mine had the wires on the dash harness side. But the wires from the switch should have connected to the dash harness thru the ignition switch connector. That’s how mine was. I would also check the switch to make sure it’s good.

Ignition switch is new - old switch along with this key buzzer switch were both cut and spliced so I'm unsure where they go?

Go to MyMopar and download the 71 factory service manual You may have to settle for Ply vs Dodge, or vise versa Page marked 8-161 in the Plymouth Chassis manual

buss.jpg

The MyMopar 2- page aftermarket diagrams are fine "for what they are" and sometimes easier to follow. But they are not complete for options, and don't show all the connectors

@67Dart273 THANK YOU! This was exactly what I needed! I now see the Key Buzzer plugs into the ignition switch connector. Much appreciated as I kept looking at the other manual and as you said I now know they are not fully complete and I should check the chassis manual as well.

You're welcome. I wish I could do more to support MyMopar. That is a very important archive

-
Back