Some 5.9 roller cam help from y'all please

-
Very nice, and just what I needed to know thank you.
As soon as I can get the funds in my Paypal account I want to order the springs, keepers and locks so I'll need information on who and how to pay also.

Maybe I'm getting stupid but where would I "compare" them from?
Is there numbers for the cams you have on a website? or anything like an online list?

That idle is pretty important, and so far I like what I am seeing in the way of info just need more before I buy the actual cam itself.
I don't want to end up with it in the car and find out it sounds great but sucks gas way more gas than before or something.

I know you recommended the cam already and that's great because you know WAY more about it than I do, but I would like to try to be sure I'm not ending up with something that lifts way more than it need it to and shortens the life span because of it just so it has an idle quality I would like.

Does that make sense, or was it a total nervous newbie concern.:D

I understand that you have built cars that beat everything in town, but that's not what I drive man. :D
And not what I want.
Maybe we should talk on the phone?

Pm'd my number.

Trail,
Spring kit w/ret & locks $199
Regrind is $159 plus core.
Push rods $99 with cam purchase.

We dont design cams for sound, we design our cams for economy, performance, both or all out power/torque. With that said, they sound good, the bigger you go, the better they sound. We currently have several regrinds in stock if you want to compare them to the "rumpity" hughes/imm cam's numbers.

FYI, I built an engine a while back that didnt sound like much at all but sure was fun to go out and destroy the 268 "top fuel" chebbys around town with my little stealth 5.2. Put it in a wrangler and could go hunt lumpy GM junk and coffee can muffler hondas. Anything with duration over 200 should sound good, even on 112.

All I need are the specs on the cam you recommended at this point so I can make a decision on that.

The springs, retainers and locks are a done deal as far as I am concerned.

Then I need to know how much, as well as how and who to pay for it all.

Thanks for the help with all this.

(Next day)

Ok, thanks but no thanks.
If I want to order something for my car/engine I as a paying customer need a few things to deal with someone.

Complete answers on parts with part numbers, cost's and availability. (which I still don't have)
Payment info (which I still don't have)
Some information other than "because I said so" on what I am buying. (which I still don't have)
3 days of doling out little bits and pieces of information doesn't cut it in my opinion.

I'm done.

2 phone calls this morning and everything is all set up, and I have ALL the information I was hoping to get from you.
Thanks for the attempts to help, but you are obviously too busy for me or just don't care.

Whatever

All I need are the specs on the cam you recommended at this point so I can make a decision on that.

The springs, retainers and locks are a done deal as far as I am concerned.

Then I need to know how much, as well as how and who to pay for it all.

Thanks for the help with all this.

(Next day)

Ok, thanks but no thanks.
If I want to order something for my car/engine I as a paying customer need a few things to deal with someone.

Complete answers on parts with part numbers, cost's and availability. (which I still don't have)
Payment info (which I still don't have)
Some information other than "because I said so" on what I am buying. (which I still don't have)
3 days of doling out little bits and pieces of information doesn't cut it in my opinion.

I'm done.

2 phone calls this morning and everything is all set up, and I have ALL the information I was hoping to get from you.
Thanks for the attempts to help, but you are obviously too busy for me or just don't care.

Whatever

Unfortunately, FABO doesnt let me solicit members via pm unless I pay them $1200/yr. I am not supposed to give out phone # or web address unless asked. I also cant post it in my member info. I foolishly assumed you knew how to reach me since you called me about heads 2 weeks ago then purchased from Jegs instead.

We dont have part #'s on our products as we like to keep our proprietary kits ours, thats how we feed our kids. If you have the mfg part #'s you can search google and get them for $5 less while stealing our experience and what we have learned through 20 years of magnums.

Sorry I didnt get back to you soon enough, but you posted at 930pm and I was busy putting my Daughter to bed, cleaning dinner dishes and relaxing. I did call you on your cell within an hour of opening up shop today but guess I was too late.

In case you dont realize,selling parts these days is tough, we are a 2 guy shop plus a grunt and shipping person. J and I are both single dads just trying to feed our kids, while dealing with the limitations of me having a broken vertebra and 3 crushed disks and J being a disabled vet whos hummer was blown up by IED 3x in Iraq and Afghanistan. We dont want handouts or sympathy, just customers to buy from us because we know magnums better than most.

I feel I gave you info & prices several days ago and numbers on cams as well. I also have said find us on the web, as in google magnummopar....there you will find our website as well as a phone # and email address.

I am beginning to feel like sharing my knowledge here is only using up my time and not actually getting me sales I need to continue selling magnum parts to Dodge guys. I am well respected in the Wrangler world and the cars I build sell very quickly yet here I get bashed because I think putting a thermo turd on a magnum is like putting square wheels on your car. I have stated before that I dont do this for the $$$ but rather for my love of old mopars, but I do have a 6 year old to feed and support as well as bills to pay. You can give your $ to Jegs, Hughes, Scummit or others and I will keep building cars, silently....

Hope your cam is everything you wanted, have a wonderful day!:D

Unfortunately, FABO doesnt let me solicit members via pm unless I pay them $1200/yr. I am not supposed to give out phone # or web address unless asked. I also cant post it in my member info. I foolishly assumed you knew how to reach me since you called me about heads 2 weeks ago then purchased from Jegs instead.

We dont have part #'s on our products as we like to keep our proprietary kits ours, thats how we feed our kids. If you have the mfg part #'s you can search google and get them for $5 less while stealing our experience and what we have learned through 20 years of magnums.

Sorry I didnt get back to you soon enough, but you posted at 930pm and I was busy putting my Daughter to bed, cleaning dinner dishes and relaxing. I did call you on your cell within an hour of opening up shop today but guess I was too late.

In case you dont realize,selling parts these days is tough, we are a 2 guy shop plus a grunt and shipping person. J and I are both single dads just trying to feed our kids, while dealing with the limitations of me having a broken vertebra and 3 crushed disks and J being a disabled vet whos hummer was blown up by IED 3x in Iraq and Afghanistan. We dont want handouts or sympathy, just customers to buy from us because we know magnums better than most.

I feel I gave you info & prices several days ago and numbers on cams as well. I also have said find us on the web, as in google magnummopar....there you will find our website as well as a phone # and email address.

I am beginning to feel like sharing my knowledge here is only using up my time and not actually getting me sales I need to continue selling magnum parts to Dodge guys. I am well respected in the Wrangler world and the cars I build sell very quickly yet here I get bashed because I think putting a thermo turd on a magnum is like putting square wheels on your car. I have stated before that I dont do this for the $$$ but rather for my love of old mopars, but I do have a 6 year old to feed and support as well as bills to pay. You can give your $ to Jegs, Hughes, Scummit or others and I will keep building cars, silently....

Hope your cam is everything you wanted, have a wonderful day!:D

Believe me I get how life sucks sometimes, and perhaps:D I am a bit impatient, but then again I was a customer that didn't feel I was getting helped.
I won't write you off over it, but it was just too frustrating with it being dragged out over the course of days.
I hope things get better and go well for you and yours.

Thank you for your service in any case.

my life is great and I am not complaining at all, I deal with my limitations better than most. I dont answer requests after business hours although sometimes I do answer threads at night...just not last night. Not sure I get not calling with questions but no big deal, I dont make dick selling parts here so I am not too concerned....just may not dedicate time to help if people use my info and buy from my competition.

I am here to provide the correct parts and info to my fellow mopar lovers but I am not on welfare so I have to either make money here or move on. If my knowledge is not worth anything then I will keep it to myself. It appears to me that most of the info you got from other sources was dead wrong, something you might want to remember. I spent about an hour trying to source heads for you on your super limited budget a few weeks ago then you bought a used head form Jegs and another new elsewhere, rather than from me so sorry for not taking you more seriously but time is money and I cant spend my days quoting prices just to get blown off over $100 difference on a pair of heads when I already beat Jegs(except for their used parts). Dont know what more you would want other than an apology for not answering your requests after 7 pm. Sorry.

My guess is you would have probably used my cam #'s to get Oregon Cams to grind you one for $20 less than my $150 price, but I may be wrong.:D

It seems now days people get info from small guys like us or IMM then go to the big guys to save $40.....do you remember speed shops? there is a reason they are extinct now. Food for thought...

Good luck on your car adventures my mopar friend :D

my life is great and I am not complaining at all, I deal with my limitations better than most. I dont answer requests after business hours although sometimes I do answer threads at night...just not last night. Not sure I get not calling with questions but no big deal, I dont make dick selling parts here so I am not too concerned....just may not dedicate time to help if people use my info and buy from my competition.

I am here to provide the correct parts and info to my fellow mopar lovers but I am not on welfare so I have to either make money here or move on. If my knowledge is not worth anything then I will keep it to myself. It appears to me that most of the info you got from other sources was dead wrong, something you might want to remember. I spent about an hour trying to source heads for you on your super limited budget a few weeks ago then you bought a used head form Jegs and another new elsewhere, rather than from me so sorry for not taking you more seriously but time is money and I cant spend my days quoting prices just to get blown off over $100 difference on a pair of heads when I already beat Jegs(except for their used parts). Dont know what more you would want other than an apology for not answering your requests after 7 pm. Sorry.

My guess is you would have probably used my cam #'s to get Oregon Cams to grind you one for $20 less than my $150 price, but I may be wrong.:D

It seems now days people get info from small guys like us or IMM then go to the big guys to save $40.....do you remember speed shops? there is a reason they are extinct now. Food for thought...

Good luck on your car adventures my mopar friend :D

I get that you couldn't do anything about it last night but it wasn't just last night and wasn't all you either (for days remember) and I do remember talking to you at some point but I talked to so many people and did so much reading and searching on it that it was all running together, so I apologize for that. (and only that)
Where I get my parts doesn't/shouldn't make any difference to you and how you approach it.
Either you have a possible customer and make sure they end up one or you don't and that is up to you as the person doing the business.

Yes I did learn a lot, and a lot of wrong things, you are correct about that for sure, but I finally got it right and now retain everything I learned along the way. (good and bad)
What I learned was there is a ton of misinformation out there and very few people actually have correct verifiable information, so I check, cross check and ask questions.
You had the chance and didn't make yourself stand out even though I wanted to go with someone from here. (not my problem or fault)
When we talked you mentioned how competitive the business is and multiple times about how you make squat for selling parts, and people want all kinds of information for free... (part of the deal man) and if it cost you that much and you are not willing to spend the time it takes to gain possible new customers it's none of my business.
A shame for your if you want it, but if it isn't worth it to you then don't do it.

Make yourself stand out to you customer or don't mon, but the customer doesn't want to hear the reasons you can't or wont.

I suggest we end this before any local grocery stores see it come try to put us down for the groceries we didn't by last time we were there. :D
I didn't buy because you didn't sell me on anything, simple as that.

-
Back