Some Crackhead Stole My Radiator @$%#&

-

bradfields

Reaction score
Very frustrated. About a year and a half ago I bought a correct part number 3443975 radiator for my 71 340 Demon. I've been putting a floorpan in the car, rebuilding the suspension and painting the underside of the body. I figure in a month or so, I'll be ready install the engine and transmission. So I decided to have the radiator that I bought re-cored. I hand delivered it to a little shop in Danville, IL. called Mark's radiator service, he has a good reputation and the shop has been in business over 25 years, the current owner has had it for the past 8 years. Over the weekend, the shop was broken into and 9 radiators were stolen, including mine!! I'm sooooooo pissed :angry5:. If anyone 71 A body 340 radiator or sale, looks like I'm in the market for another one.

Very frustrated. About a year and a half ago I bought a correct part number 3443975 radiator for my 71 340 Demon. I've been putting a floorpan in the car, rebuilding the suspension and painting the underside of the body. I figure in a month or so, I'll be ready install the engine and transmission. So I decided to have the radiator that I bought re-cored. I hand delivered it to a little shop in Danville, IL. called Mark's radiator service, he has a good reputation and the shop has been in business over 25 years, the current owner has had it for the past 8 years. Over the weekend, the shop was broken into and 9 radiators were stolen, including mine!! I'm sooooooo pissed :angry5:. If anyone 71 A body 340 radiator or sale, looks like I'm in the market for another one.

File a police report and check the local scrap yards. That is where it will likely turn up.

Copper and brass are worth a lot nowdays. Like Okie said, file a police report. You may get it back. tmm

I have a radiator in my storage that I purchased new about two yrs ago. Not sure of the ##s, but I only ran it less than one season and bought an aluminum radiator. I'll check the ##'s and let you know.

There's a FABO "Good Guy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crackheads visit our mill's boneyard at least once per year and steal copper wire. We set-up game cameras after the last heist. I would quickly check the local scrapyards as someone else mentioned. Although some of the scrap dealers are now trading crack for scrap directly (i guess cut out the middle man!)

The shop owner filed a police report and called all of the local scrap yards and some individuals that buy scrap, so I'm hoping it'll turn up. I've been checking Craigslist, and eBay, but don't really think these pea heads even know what the Internet is, It'll probably get chopped up with an axe so it can't be identified and slipped in a load of junk, that's how they do it around here. Thanks dustermaniac, if you come up with something, let me know, I really appreciate it.

The shop owner filed a police report and called all of the local scrap yards and some individuals that buy scrap, so I'm hoping it'll turn up. I've been checking Craigslist, and eBay, but don't really think these pea heads even know what the Internet is, It'll probably get chopped up with an axe so it can't be identified and slipped in a load of junk, that's how they do it around here. Thanks dustermaniac, if you come up with something, let me know, I really appreciate it.

Do the police have the numbers off your radiator? They may get more interested if they do since it won't be just any brass radiator.

I called the shop owner and gave him the number, he said he would give it to the cops, hopefully he did.

The sad part is that the shop's insurance will only want to give you what the cheapest radiator at any parts store cost. Sorry to hear about your loss. DVR Surveillance is cheap now and is one hell of a deterrent for would be thieves.

-
Back