Some FABO members just won't listen!!!!!

-

coloradohill

Reaction score
This guy, @fastnos is one of them. He saw a message I posted about sheet metal valve covers. So he has the nerve to pm me about some he has had from forever sitting in his garage never used.

I said OK, let me know what you are thinking you would want for them. I sent him my phone number so he could send some photos. I don't hear from the guy for days.........I thought to myself, another go-nowhere lead. Then one morning, I had a text asking me for my address for shipping. He is going to give me a shipping quote I thought. Several more days go by and NOTHING!

Well, by this time I figure whatever, this may or may not turn into anything, no worries either way. About 4-5 days later I got another text from this guy. Here is what he wrote.

Hey Norm. Didn't make it last Sat. before they closed. Today was first day I could make it. Should be to you by Saturday.Hope they work!

WHAT??? he sent them? we didn't even talk price or shipping or anything else. Oh ya, he did say he wanted to keep the breathers and use them some other time. I missed that part then reread the message and replied. Go ahead and keep the breathers, no worries.

Guess what showed up today? Yep, the new-in-box sheet metal valve covers, hardware, re-useable gaskets, AND the breathers!!!! ( I can send them back to you )

This guy would not let me buy the valve covers from him, he would not let me pay for the shipping! I said at least let me pay for shipping!!! Nah, no worries he said in a text.

Well, I'll tell you what, If I am ever in this guy's neck of the woods, I'm buying him dinner or something to show my gratitude. Some of you other members may have dealt with Joe in the past and maybe met him. If so, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Joe, I sincerely appreciate your kindness. We have not met yet, but I feel like we are brothers from different mothers. It's people like you that give me hope in our society. If there is ever anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to say so.

Thank you, my Mopar friend

Rant over!

IMG_9971.jpeg

IMG_9972.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had a number of things set to me at no cost and have sent a few things out myself... I have had very valuable car parts offered just to see them being used. But it's very hard for me to accept gifts like thas as well..

Hopefully he sent the Allen screw package for those as they are special and if those are the valve cover gaskets I think they are, They're worthless, but nice score anyways, i've had them..

For real. I definitely did not see that coming.

Good on you Joe!!
It's funny because he sent me a text about 1/2 hr after I posted this. I thought well, he saw my post. But he was just checking to see if they made it yet. He hasn't seen this yet as far as I know. Haha

You guys are too kind! Just trying to help out a brother Mopar fan. (Parts sitting for awhile, and I would never use for a long time.)
Always try to help, just maybe not on the same timeframe as what some people expect... but, I do try.
Thanks again guys!

I had a Canadian member send me a mirror for my duster. I am hoping to find him a passenger mirror for his X body 76 pontiac ventura.....

I am un ashamed about the hijack. I will go to lengths to find one.

20230817_171009.jpg

20230817_171009.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to know that there are still good people out there. Those look really nice! :thumbsup:

This guy, @fastnos is one of them. He saw a message I posted about sheet metal valve covers. So he has the nerve to pm me about some he has had from forever sitting in his garage never used.

I said OK, let me know what you are thinking you would want for them. I sent him my phone number so he could send some photos. I don't hear from the guy for days.........I thought to myself, another go-nowhere lead. Then one morning, I had a text asking me for my address for shipping. He is going to give me a shipping quote I thought. Several more days go by and NOTHING!

Well, by this time I figure whatever, this may or may not turn into anything, no worries either way. About 4-5 days later I got another text from this guy. Here is what he wrote.

Hey Norm. Didn't make it last Sat. before they closed. Today was first day I could make it. Should be to you by Saturday.Hope they work!

WHAT??? he sent them? we didn't even talk price or shipping or anything else. Oh ya, he did say he wanted to keep the breathers and use them some other time. I missed that part then reread the message and replied. Go ahead and keep the breathers, no worries.

Guess what showed up today? Yep, the new-in-box sheet metal valve covers, hardware, re-useable gaskets, AND the breathers!!!! ( I can send them back to you )

This guy would not let me buy the valve covers from him, he would not let me pay for the shipping! I said at least let me pay for shipping!!! Nah, no worries he said in a text.

Well, I'll tell you what, If I am ever in this guy's neck of the woods, I'm buying him dinner or something to show my gratitude. Some of you other members may have dealt with Joe in the past and maybe met him. If so, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Joe, I sincerely appreciate your kindness. We have not met yet, but I feel like we are brothers from different mothers. It's people like you that give me hope in our society. If there is ever anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to say so.

Thank you, my Mopar friend

Rant over!

View attachment 1716223578

View attachment 1716223579

double WOW , I had a guy send me a couple of rear wheels from Florida , free , just paid the freight , they fit my car better than any thing I`ve tried ....thanks to him whomever he was/is ..

Well thats a great ending to a good rant !
Couldn't happen to a better guy !
I'll tell a story about Norm and his wife Susan.
Couple years ago my wife and I took a roadtrip out west to drop off car parts and made a drop off to Norm way out in Colorado. The day we made arrangements to meet up Norm took the day off work, he and Susan took us up into the Rocky Mountains National Park to the top of the continental divide.. Had lunch after a little prayer , overlooking the world. A day we won't forget. Thanks Norm for the great day.

Last edited:
Al, we won’t forget that day either. You and Theresa are like family to us. We enjoyed that day also! Hope you two are doing well and that we can spend another day together. Tell T we said hello!

-
Back