Some guy at my job ..OH MY GOD !!!

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
hi guys ! another funny story from me and my everyday life !

I work in a car dealer since 2 months .. and my plain jane duster does a lot of bla bla bla ...a Big boss here as a 6 speed r/t challenger and says that he installed headers , camshaft , chips , and a 50 hp bottle of nitrous ...he claims to have a good 600 - 650 hp before pushing the lil red button , ...how could this be possible .. Since im the new comer i dont want to start stories .. but i can bet that he doesnt crank more than 500 horsepower... he never open the motor and the heads are factory stock.. i know that the 5.7 is a good motor but...seriously !

He doesnt know the performance world.. but with all the bullshit on internet he is 100% sure of is combo ...said to me that he ran 14.1 on the 1/4 mile on stock tires ...

my car is a 12.90 car easy and its about 400 hp and 2 900 pounds ...

It it a 5.7, 6.1, or 6.4?? the 392 hemis dyno at almost 500 with no tuner, the 5.7 is 390 and the 6.1 is 425

FYI: I run 14.1 - 14.5 in my stock 2007 Charger R/T 5.7L Hemi on street tires. Launching is my biggest problem for running a consistent time.

yeah he is no way near 500 unless he shoots that with a 200 shot then yep, I also have a 2007 charger R/T with fresh air intake and Diablo tuner and it runs 14.10-13.99 all day long.

Depends what year it is. 2013 Challenger put maybe 340 to the ground and run high 13s at 4100 pounds. I believe 0-60 is 5.6-5.8. Also your car is a 76? I doubt it's 2900 pounds. Those were the heaviest years, especially anything after 73. Your car is closer to 3300 and up.

I look at it this way
if he truly thinks thats what its making for #s?
Ask him to take it to a show where their is a chassis dyno this summer and get it printed on paper,then he'll have a reason to brag and proof to boot:glasses7:

@Fst73_360 : my car is lighten up , a goof 400-500 pound as been removed , a lot of fiberglass parts on the car . i always tought that my year was around 3400 .. so thats why im saying that its around 2 900 pnds with 400 hp

...said to me that he ran 14.1 on the 1/4 mile on stock tires ...

Can only say I'm not impressed. Back in early 1970 I ran 14.28 @ 98+mph at OCIR with my '69 Dart Swinger 340 in G/PS (Pure Stock). No headers, all factory motor, 3.23 non-Sure Grip rear, on rock hard Goodyear Polyglas tires.

@Fst73_360 : my car is lighten up , a goof 400-500 pound as been removed , a lot of fiberglass parts on the car . i always tought that my year was around 3400 .. so thats why im saying that its around 2 900 pnds with 400 hp
Fiberglass what? Did you get fiberglass doors and bumpers? Those are the heaviest things besides the hood. Im just saying that's all. But I still wouldn't say your car is 2900. 73 Duster was 3200-3300. You would be above that at 3400-3500 MAYBE that high.

Fiberglass what? Did you get fiberglass doors and bumpers? Those are the heaviest things besides the hood. Im just saying that's all. But I still wouldn't say your car is 2900. 73 Duster was 3200-3300. You would be above that at 3400-3500 MAYBE that high.

Relax!
Why beat the guy up over a few pounds? Who cares? Pull the rear seat and interior out of the car and you've lost 80+ lbs. Aluminum heads and intake? There is another 60. 'Glass hood and fenders, bumper...150-200.
You want a FULL account of each and every ounce he took out?
At least the guy has decent grammar and we can understand what he writes. There are some guys on various sites that peck out some terrible posts.

Relax!
Why beat the guy up over a few pounds? Who cares? Pull the rear seat and interior out of the car and you've lost 80+ lbs. Aluminum heads and intake? There is another 60. 'Glass hood and fenders, bumper...150-200.
At least the guy has decent grammar and we can understand what he writes. There are some guys on various sites that peck out some terrible posts.

Rofl! That's what I was thinking.

Relax!

Lol :sign5:

That's my favorite. My friends '70 440-SixPack 4spd drop top weighs in less, by about 300lbs.

You couldn't pay me to keep a new car.

I wouldn't mind having a yellow jacket for a dd family car. Comfort an more than enough power to get me in trouble

Race him ,blow his doors off and then tell him how much h.p your car has...lol the look on his face will be classic!

lets count :

front -fiberglass bumper
rear fiberglass bumper
aluminium wheels
light bucket seats
no heater system
no radio
no speaker
rear and front reinforcement removed ( 100 lbs easy )
aluminium intake
8 3/4 diff , moser axles ( not aluminium ! )
aluminium dash insert , ultra lite gauges
aluminum driveshaft
rear drum brakes drilled
no headliner
no spare tire
hooker headers
aluminum 2.5 inch exhaust
and all frames reinforced
relocated battery in the trunk
a lots of metal removed to lighten the up the car ..

2900- 3000 lbs is not far from here .... we weight everything and it was easily 400 pounds that as been removed

trust me i know what im bringing up on the table ... more than the other one that thinks he as 700 hp !

Aluminum headers & axles too!

I'd have the building you work in checked for high carbon monoxide levels or something in the water! Lol!

i was wrong for the aluminium headers and axles .. i have moser axles ... .. you got the point , they are stronger and lighter material than the original ones..

-
Back