Some Impressive Numbers

-
Dam that's some quick times, thanks for the link!

109 octane racing fuel and drag tires, running at 48°F, 71% humidity, and a 96 foot track elevation, with barometric pressure of 30.43 for a density altitude of -1,093 feet. The time slip showed a quarter mile time of 10.483 seconds at 133.53 miles per hour

very very cool. but the 68 HEMI Cuda did do 10.8 when new. but it was NOT streetable, nor legal streetable.

And this is with a car with all the mod cons which come with it. Pretty impressive.

Stock numbers make sense, definite optimal conditions .....

I think we are pretty jaded now a days. But think about even 5 years ago. Who would have ever thought about a "modern" mopar breaking in to the low 11's on street tires from the factory? Let alone one that you can bolt a set of sticky tires on and blast off a VERY respectable 10 second quarter! Not me. I gave up on that years ago and I was ok with it. But now. Now we have a MOPAR in the stable that will do this. This is such a great time to be alive and enjoying these BadAss Mopars!

Those are impressive numbers. Thanks for the link.

very very cool. but the 68 HEMI Cuda did do 10.8 when new. but it was NOT streetable, nor legal streetable.

It was also well over 1,000 lbs lighter!
I'm sure traction wasn't as good. I'm curious what the '68 Hemi cars had for MPH in the 1/4. That's a better indicator of HP than ET.

It was also well over 1,000 lbs lighter!
I'm sure traction wasn't as good. I'm curious what the '68 Hemi cars had for MPH in the 1/4. That's a better indicator of HP than ET.

I believe that they were hitting the traps around 140 mph... :burnout:

I believe that they were hitting the traps around 140 mph... :burnout:

I believe that's what they've been running recently and some have been in the 150's. I was curious what it was in '68, as produced, before all of the refinements and modifications allowed in Stock and SS over the years. But the ET of the Hellcat is still quite a bit below what an optimized drag car would have because of torque converter, suspension & tractions characteristics. The fastest Hellcat mentioned was 10.483 seconds at 133.53 miles per hour. ET potential would be at least VERY low 10's in the 1/4.

-
Back