Some Mopar Stock Car Photos

-

overrever

Chris
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody would mind if I posted some photos of my Mopar stock cars on this forum? I was trying to find a photo of my first actual car (1971 Super Bee) to post on another forum on this site but i have misplaced the photos. anyway I found the photos of my stock cars & thought I would ask. This forum seems to be drag racing whitch is what I'm into now but I used to race a Mopar against a world of (cheating) Chevys. Here is my first race car I built, a 1973 Plymouth Satilite. A forged flat top 340, cast ex manifolds & intake, 4.10 gear. It would turn 7200,7300 every lap.

08-04-2009 09;55;38PM.jpg

08-04-2009 09;12;03PM.jpg

My first was the 73 Satilite, I dont have any photos of it in action Second was a 78 Magnum, third a 77 Charger & last was a 73 Dart body that I put on the Charger body. It was the most fun I ever had or problily will ever have again!!!

08-04-2009 07;33;51PM.jpg

08-04-2009 08;18;57PM.jpg

08-04-2009 09;35;08PM.jpg

08-04-2009 09;05;49PM.jpg

08-04-2009 07;21;05PM.jpg

08-04-2009 07;38;28PM.jpg

08-04-2009 08;22;26PM.jpg

08-04-2009 08;38;58PM.jpg

08-04-2009 08;44;33PM.jpg

08-04-2009 09;46;15PM.jpg

Kewl!!!and I had to race against full classes of chevies too

Waggin, Kick *** looking race cars!! Are you still involved in racing? Figure 8 are you kidding? Hell thats way to much of a adrineline rush.

Whoo Hoooo Dirt tracking it !!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of the stock car dirt track races in Mason City Iowa.I would go to them with my Grandfather.He really enjoyed that. 3/4's of the track were corn fields,with banked turns.Only the front straight had a rail. Cars in the corn fields all night !!! Good times !!!!!

dudes,

looking real goodboys
back in the late 50's we called it hard top racing

Yall are bringing back some good memories
i did the dirt track for about 10 years and it was the hardest thing to quite doing. I drove my 72 barracuda and went to the dark side in a 76 malibu
my son enjoys the dirt track know and will most likely pick your brains and build a MoPar here is some of his dirt track cars over the last 4 years

Creeds 09 race car 015.jpg

Creeds 09 race car 017.jpg

Creeds 09 race car 016.jpg

home777%20015mt.jpg

bbbb4 054.jpg

bbbb4 074.jpg

bbbb4 076.jpg

Daytona 500 436.jpg

blue1.jpg

blue3.jpg

There ya go Creed :cheers: I think Small block has a used up Dart you could build :-D
Thank you Dodgeracer43 :cheers:

Great pictures guys. Did some dirt track racing myself back in the mid 60's in a 57 Chebby. Great sport and a barrel of fun.

Well I never knew that Sid :cheers: So you know how addictive it is to get on a mound of dirt and race, It is something that can't be replaced.
But boy what memories :cheers:

Yes, it's very addicting. I cant even go to the track to watch anymore. It's still in my blood, I to agree that it is a very hard thing to quit doing. I stoped racing in 2001 & now almost 10 years later, I need a adrinaline rush like I need to breath air. I miss dirt track racing like I've lost one of my arms or legs. I've turned to drag racing now. I hoping to get my (68 Dart) W2 stroker together by next summer. I'm really aiming for some high 9 sec time slips, if I can aford to get there.

Here are some of the cars I have driven over the past few years. I built the duster and the aspen bodied cars.

IMG_0167.JPG

RW10.jpg

RW7.jpg

RW6.jpg

Great looking rides 340Duster. I even like the Pontiac, (only because you drive a Mopar) Are You still racing?

Great looking rides 340Duster. I even like the Pontiac, (only because you drive a Mopar) Are You still racing?

Yes I still race, I love the circle track stuff. I used to drag race, but since I got into the roundy round stuff, I discovered how much fun it is. The above charger has a 600HP W2 headed race engine, it has a tex t101A trans and a nine inch rear with anywhere from 6:50 gears up to 7:14s.

There is nothin like going full blast down a straight away, drifting the car sideways through the corner while running fender to fender with another car.

I ran that car in Elma, Washington last year. I see Judge Mills is from Aberdeen, is that anywhere close to Elma?

There is nothin like going full blast down a straight away, drifting the car sideways through the corner while running fender to fender with another car.

Tell it like it is Duster!!! There is nothing like it. I'm trying to go drag racing now, I too have a W-2 small block but its not ready to run as of yet but mayby next year/season. I cant wait!! Good luck at the track this week end.

Quick collage I made of some of the dodge's that run at my local track. the trucks run in a class called "Pro Truck" and are dodge bodies on a chevy monte carlo/regal/etc chassis. both trucks run dodge 360's. the two chargers are in a class we call "Super Late Model" same thing as the Arca West series the number 5 runs a dodge 360 and the number 69 runs a gm crate. the rest are obviously neons. They run in our "Sport Compact Mini Stock" class basically completely stock with tons of angle in the wheels. actually pretty cool watching them race as they can do 5 wide around our track.
dodgeracing1.jpg

I'm planning on joining the class but decided rather then doing a neon I'd do a mustang as it should be fun.
93699.jpg

Yes I still race, I love the circle track stuff. I used to drag race, but since I got into the roundy round stuff, I discovered how much fun it is. The above charger has a 600HP W2 headed race engine, it has a tex t101A trans and a nine inch rear with anywhere from 6:50 gears up to 7:14s.

I ran that car in Elma, Washington last year. I see Judge Mills is from Aberdeen, is that anywhere close to Elma?

15 minutes away! Let me know the next time you run at Elma!! PM me when ya do!

Elma is where we raced!

-
Back