Some opinions please

-
If I'm not mistaken the Gear vendors OD unit will fit without modifying the floor but your looking at some pretty hefty change.

A built 200r4 with a bell housing adapter might do the trick too. IF you were willing to do a little modification, the 46RH is where it's at. Not too expensive either. Read the 42RH duster swap sticky at the top of this fourm, same procedure goes for the 46RH.

A built 200r4 with a bell housing adapter might do the trick too. IF you were willing to do a little modification, the 46RH is where it's at. Not too expensive either. Read the 42RH duster swap sticky at the top of this fourm, same procedure goes for the 46RH.

I thought about other transmissions but didn't mention them as their all a pretty hefty amount of money by the time you get done. Also, remember he has a big block so a 46RH won't bolt up without an adapter or bell housing change. Again a lot of money. There are a lot of ways to get there, if ya got the money, LOL

I thought about other transmissions but didn't mention them as their all a pretty hefty amount of money by the time you get done. Also, remember he has a big block so a 46RH won't bolt up without an adapter or bell housing change. Again a lot of money. There are a lot of ways to get there, if ya got the money, LOL

Too true, I though it would be a long shot, but decided to let him know options anyway.

Thinking out loud, for the speeds he's wanting to go, if he used the the 2.76 with a 26.5 tire, going 80mph, He would only be running 300rpm more than if he had a .69 OD with 3.55's and the same tire.

2819 vs 2502, 3k with 2.94. Sounds like a wash to me.

Gears are cheap to play with compared to the more exotic solutions. Especially since he already has some, and sounds like he knows how, and has the tools to to install em'.

http://vexer.com/automotive-tools/speed-rpm-calculator

There's something to play with.

...although, he would be at 2k with 2.94's and a .69 OD... :snakeman:

Damn out loud thinking!!! ;)

Too true, I though it would be a long shot, but decided to let him know options anyway.

Thinking out loud, for the speeds he's wanting to go, if he used the the 2.76 with a 26.5 tire, going 80mph, He would only be running 300rpm more than if he had a .69 OD with 3.55's and the same tire.

2819 vs 2502, 3k with 2.94. Sounds like a wash to me.

Gears are cheap to play with compared to the more exotic solutions. Especially since he already has some, and sounds like he knows how, and has the tools to to install em'.

http://vexer.com/automotive-tools/speed-rpm-calculator

There's something to play with.

...although, he would be at 2k with 2.94's and a .69 OD... :snakeman:

Damn out loud thinking!!! ;)

Yep, more info never hurts. I love that interactive calculator. Gives you the feel of driving the car.

Yep, more info never hurts. I love that interactive calculator. Gives you the feel of driving the car.
Thanks for the input guys. Using that calculator 2.94s and a 27" tire looks like a good starting point, I have several center chunks to play with and I do set up gears. I just dont understand where they all came from :lol:

Yeah, I stumbled across it somewhere, I use it for everything gear and tire related now. Glad that helped. :)

:burnout:

-
Back