Some people are just mean!

-

HawaiiDuster

Reaction score
Met a couple of Mopar guys today and they told me something that really made me mad. The told me that a wrecking yard crushed a 70 340 Duster 4spd and a 71 Challenger with a pistol grip (didn't get to see what kind of engine) last week :evil: They tried to get the cars, but the guy there was just a major A$$ and wouldn't let them even have parts of the car. I told them to call me if anything like that comes up again, I know enough people in the right places to probably "Persaude" someone like that to give up the car instead of crushing it. I might have to go roll a chebby off a cliff and into the ocean just to make myself feel better :twisted:

If you need help. I'll volunter to push as well wih You.

Ya some people are mental about that kind of stuff!There's a private junkyard not far from here that has cars from the mid-60's to the mid-70's,Couple examples: 10 early 70's Fury's,2 B-body wagon's,70 Dart hit on left side,Mustang's,Torino's,AMC Embassadors,3 70's C body police cars and so on.A friend of mine talked to one of the neighbors about the cars and he was told there's actually ALOT more cars than can be seen from the road because it goes down an enbankment when you go back so far.The guy that owns them will NOT sell ANYTHING!! A friend of my brother's tryed to talk to the guy about parts and asked if he could walk through the yard and the guy's reply was Ya go ahead if want want a bullit in your back! :shock: This moron is sitting on a small gold mine but instead he's just letting them sit and rot away.

my new fav saying is "They can go eat **** and die"i use it all the time i said it to my teacher the other day HAHAHAwhat a day that was HAHA!u sould all try it it lets of alot of steam :twisted:

If that guy told me I would get a bullet in the back they would find him floating in the river, i would take that real personal and i can garentee that his private junk yard would have a vistit from the fire bug. just hearing you say that make me mad.

I can't say too much about Chevys....

71dart2003.jpg

We all have our moments of questionable judgement and end up with a non Mopar :roll: But we always tend to come around to our senses and our beloved Mopars :D

HawaiiDuster said:
Met a couple of Mopar guys today and they told me something that really made me mad. The told me that a wrecking yard crushed a 70 340 Duster 4spd and a 71 Challenger with a pistol grip (didn't get to see what kind of engine) last week :evil: They tried to get the cars, but the guy there was just a major A$$ and wouldn't let them even have parts of the car. I told them to call me if anything like that comes up again, I know enough people in the right places to probably "Persaude" someone like that to give up the car instead of crushing it. I might have to go roll a chebby off a cliff and into the ocean just to make myself feel better :twisted:

a Two door Nova II with a 327, in excellent shape, with a bunch of bowtie boys watching.
with the assface that crushed the Mopars in it.

and hell, as far as that protective lot owner goes, maybe he started out as an enthusiast that had more projects than money... and it just got out of hand...

Some people are mean and some are just plain stupid...there is a Road Runner, all original, sitting in this old guy's backyard and has been there for years. He has had several offers to sell it, which he always turns down with the answer "Weaall, I might wanna restore it sumday when it is worth more money." I want to grab the guy, shake him and say "Do you think you can get a better price for it after it turns into a pile of rust and mouse droppings??" Anther beautiful mopar in the hands of a moron

I know a guy that had a 70 challenger that was a real RT. He let it sit outside and not be driven for about the past 30 years I have known him. He would not sell it. He bought it when it was 6 months old, sold it to his brother who sold it to his other brother and then Earl got it back and let it just sit.

15 years ago a guy gave him a price of $15,000 to restore it. well time took it's toll on the metal and there was so much rust that I doubt it was good for more than the title and a few trim pieces.

He finally decided to sell it, asking price $7,500. It did not run, missing parts completely rusted from sitting in the yard with weeds around it for so many years. After about 2 months I have not seen it so I assume it has sold.

I'm trying to buy a 67 Dart GT hardtop right now that has been sitting for many years in a barnyard that is full of cars and trucks that when they had a problem they parked then and they sit where they stopped or were towed to. The cars looks OK on top but I don't know about the bottom. I'm hoping to get it for some trim pieces for mine and if the undercarriage is OK may build it into a clone of my brothers 69 GTS big block Dart. The old man that owned it died. The deceased owners son is in charge of the estate and his grandson is who I've been talking to. It has been a few years and still no luck getting the car. It is only 3 miles from home. Hope they change their mind and sell it.

Back when I was stationed at NAS Barbers PT. There was a yard down near Ewa Beach, Coupl'a Samoans ran the place. If they liked you "you get good price" if not..."evy thin hunna dolla" or "no fo sale to you Ho'ula now get los"

Mopars I saw in that Yard..

'69 Mod top Barracuda Fastback. The mod top looked blueish, I think the car was green originaly
Several Challengers, at least 4 had pistol grips
Several Chargers, one was missing the nose and had funny holes in the rear deck lid (yeah, one of "those" Chargers)
Two Plymouths with goofy purple birds on the fenders
Lots of other Mopars and other makes laying around.

He would usually only sell whole cars to locals and most locals didn't give a rats patoot about Mopars. What he did sell he wanted Barrett Jackson prices for before B-J was even thought about.

I think that yard is all housing now.....he filled in much of the lagoon that his property bordered with cars, trucks, military surplus, junk or what ever else he could buy or steal.

I know there is the occasional person that won't sell a car because it was their son's and he never came back from Nam.
It sits there and rots.
I sort of understand that.
But this.........
It's a control freak issue.
Or a power issue.
Or a stupidity issue
Take your pick.
Like my late sister was fond of saying: "Small mind and not alot to put in it".

Years ago, before moving to Florida, when I still lived in PA, I used to vend parts every year at Spring Carlisle.
I would spend most of the year scrounging up parts - and often entire cars to part out - so I'd have something to sell the following spring.

For several years, I had my eye on a '69 GTX sitting in the front yard of a mobile home in the middle of nowhere.
The car was rusted beyond repair, but it was an all Matching Numbers 440, 4-speed Super Track Pak car - and EVERYTHING except the body was in great condition.
(there were no frame rails or floors left under it)

Each time I'd knock on the door and ask the guy if he was interested in selling it, he would answer with - "Nope, I'm gonna restore it someday."

Well, a friend of mine knew I was trying to buy the car and he just held off until I moved away - then he went and knocked on the guy's door and asked the same question.
He got the same answer.
But then, my friend did something I never did - he said: "I'm not interested in the car for anything other than parts."
The guy immediately told him he'd take $500 for it.

Seems the car was an issue in a divorce at one point in time and the wife got the title while the guy got the rusted out car.

Wanna guess how many times I've kicked myself for not telling the guy all I wanted the car for was parts?
I guess I was afraid he might be offended if he knew his baby was gonna get parted out and scrapped.
Live and learn, my friends - live and learn.

-
Back