Some pics of my new rad/ fan set up.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I did some digging after taking all my measurements and came up with a tailor made set up for the cuda.
Griffin rad with the dual derale fan set up pulling 3750 cfm's total.

Now gotta fab up some brackets to hold it all in place but the shroud matched the radiator perfectly with a snug fit on all four sides.....shroud comes with a nice channeled rubber seal you cut to your preference.

I also got the derale dual programmable fan controller with the screw in temp sensor.

Will post pics of the install if I getter done this weekend.

The total depth is about 7.5 in.

image_zps22ffa627.jpg

image_zpsa32b174c.jpg

image_zpsddd48046.jpg

You are going to love this set up.I put in the same thing in my car.The rad I got from Griffin is the 1-1/4 inch tube model.2 rows.I have allways had problems cooling my motor in the cramped engine bay.I have a 65 cuda.I added an electric waterpump as well and it works perfect.Those fans pull a ton of air.

You are going to love this set up.I put in the same thing in my car.The rad I got from Griffin is the 1-1/4 inch tube model.2 rows.I have allways had problems cooling my motor in the cramped engine bay.I have a 65 cuda.I added an electric waterpump as well and it works perfect.Those fans pull a ton of air.

Oh man, that's good to know.
I have a 100 amp alternator and I'm hoping it will be enough to run everything under full load.

I'm gonna run a high flow water pump as well as a high flow 180 stat.

I was hoping to have my water pump installed tonight but mancinis sent me a big block pump by accident.

Very nice set up!!!

I sure hope so...LOL.

I've gotta cool rubber seal that snaps onto the top core rail that will cover the bolts I had to install to hold the shroud.

I get them from Mercedes ML radiators and they snap right on the rails and act as a gap seal for air flow but in this case it will just be something to cover the ugly bolts unless I can find some elongated, fancy caps to cover them.

Oh man, that's good to know.
I have a 100 amp alternator and I'm hoping it will be enough to run everything under full load.

I'm gonna run a high flow water pump as well as a high flow 180 stat.

I was hoping to have my water pump installed tonight but mancinis sent me a big block pump by accident.
I have a 100 amp alt as well and it does the job.I did re-wire my car with a easywire kit though.

-
Back