Some Prayers Please, Mom's at the Hospital, It's Serious,

-
Just when you think everything is settled and all is good,...

Got the call at work today from Sis, She stops by the rents house every thursday just to say hi,...While talkin to Mom, Mom starts acting wierd, Dropped the coffee pot twice, talking wierd, collapses in her chair.

My sister does home health care, so her spidey sense starts tingling, She calls 911, then calls me, thinks Mom is havin a stroke. I Immediatly call my top two guys from the FD, My 2nd Assistant is there in 6 minutes, calls me back sayin they are doin a rapid transport to the local clinic.

I broke some serious speed limits to the clinic, just in time to see Mom off to Yale New Haven Hospital, Hot Transport, The best in the region,...Doc shows me the CAT scan, It's an intercranial bleed the size of a golfball,....Very Bad,...Her Blood pressure is 240/108,...Very Bad,...Pick up Dad,...Fly to New Haven,...Mom is in ICU, can't talk, can't walk,...

The Docs got her BP down, the bleed is stable, She can understand me but can't get the words out, 2nd CAT scan shows another anyuerism, bad but not immenent,...she is resting now,...Gonna do a MRI in the morning,...Take Dad home, Make the phone calls,...It's now midnight, and I just got home,...Tired and Wired,...I'll take all the help I can get right about now....

Terrible news. Prayers to everyone friend. May god work his wonders

So, Here's the latest,...Mom got moved to a Hospital closer to home,...She can hold a conversation for about an hour, They got her up for Physical therapy for about 3 hours a day,...Got her walkin about 50 feet with a walker. Her right grip is definitely stonger, but the eyesight has yet to return. Still mixes words when she is tired. Doc seems to think those two items will get better when the body absorbes whats left of the bleed.

Had a team meeting with the Docs, Nurses and Therapists on Thursday, They have a plan,...But she's pretty done after 3 hours of Therapy. They are lookin for a release date around the end of the month, I think that is kinda optimistic,...but she is lookin to try, so thats good.

Goin for power of attorney this week, Pam and I are goin through her financials, and her medical history,....What a Mess,...Wish us luck,...Thank you all, again for your prayers and well wishes,....It ain't easy raising yer parents...

Prayers sent for full recovery. I know what you mean about the mess of having to go through all of the financial and other records. I have power of attorney for my mother, and have gone through hell trying to get things together for Medicaid. Hang in there, and try to take care of yourself as well. My own health has suffered in the last year or so because of the stress and not taking care of myself the way I should. Prayers continue.

Robert

Continued prayers for your family. My father passed away on the 11th, at 3:17 last month. So many things I wanted to say to him, do with him but he went from okay to gone in 2 months, about a week after realizing something was wrong he lost his speech. Do not delay in talking about everything and anything you can think of. Life is way to short.

Thanks for the update. Still sendin prayers.

I am keeping your entire family in my prayers that Godmwill keep His hand on the hearts of everyone for peace and strength while your mom recovers!! May God bless you all!!

-
Back