Some Prayers Please, Mom's at the Hospital, It's Serious,

-
Thanx Again Folks, Its comforting to know ya'll are here, if nothing else, just to talk. I'm doin better after some sleep,...Spoke to the hospital this morning, Mom can kinda say her name, we'll meet with the Docs to see whats in store for us. I know she don't wanna be there, she has never been one for doctor's or hospital, and she has never been one for people or coddling, My brother is headed up from Tennessee, Other Sis is flyin in from Fresno, then we'll make a plan. Dad and I are headed down shortly, Update later this evening,...

OC, I got the mail, I will try to send your shirt tomorrow morning.

Thanx Again Folks, Its comforting to know ya'll are here, if nothing else, just to talk. I'm doin better after some sleep,...Spoke to the hospital this morning, Mom can kinda say her name, we'll meet with the Docs to see whats in store for us. I know she don't wanna be there, she has never been one for doctor's or hospital, and she has never been one for people or coddling, My brother is headed up from Tennessee, Other Sis is flyin in from Fresno, then we'll make a plan. Dad and I are headed down shortly, Update later this evening,...

OC, I got the mail, I will try to send your shirt tomorrow morning.

That is a good Singh that she is trying to say her name,that's how it started for me,then i was able to squese Cindys hand and move my right leg too. I dont know your Mom but I sure am praying for her.

Update,...Mom is stable, but they are watchin closely,...The MRI was unremarkable, Cat scan #5 shows the bleed is still there, not dissapating yet. The second anyurism is to be addressed layer on. She can give one word answers to simple questions, but the motor skills have not returned, no vision in the right eye. She may be stable enough to be moved off ICU, but a long way from recovery. I've set it up so all family inquiries come though me, that way the staff can do there job with less interuptions.

My brother arrived this afternoon, so I'm gonna step back and take a breath,...cut the grass and do other mindless busy work and shoot for a full nights sleep.

I spent quite a bit of time with a nurse named Bill this morning. This guy is just awesome. Sat me down and discussed all the important stuff. What happened, What's happening and Whats gonna happen. Come to find out Mom hasn't been takin her blood pressure meds, cause she could not afford them. We're pretty sure this is what caused the bleed. Totally preventable.

I'm workin on gettin her set up with Title 19,...she has no money or assets. Tomorrow we are sittin down with Dad to take him to school. Lots of things are gonna change. I don't expect Mom to come home anytime soon.

For those of you who still have your parents, Don't be afraid to ask the tough questions. Where and what are your Meds? What is your financial status, Where are your important papers? My parents have always been private about that stuff, so now me and my siblings gotta get tough with Dad and he ain't gonna like It. Wish me luck.

Wishing you and your family with that "difficult talk with Dad". Parents are hard to raise. That's what I went through with my mom years ago - not so much with my step-father.
And that's what I tell my kids now - hard to raise parents.

Update,...Mom is stable, but they are watchin closely,...The MRI was unremarkable, Cat scan #5 shows the bleed is still there, not dissapating yet. The second anyurism is to be addressed layer on. She can give one word answers to simple questions, but the motor skills have not returned, no vision in the right eye. She may be stable enough to be moved off ICU, but a long way from recovery. I've set it up so all family inquiries come though me, that way the staff can do there job with less interuptions.

My brother arrived this afternoon, so I'm gonna step back and take a breath,...cut the grass and do other mindless busy work and shoot for a full nights sleep.

I spent quite a bit of time with a nurse named Bill this morning. This guy is just awesome. Sat me down and discussed all the important stuff. What happened, What's happening and Whats gonna happen. Come to find out Mom hasn't been takin her blood pressure meds, cause she could not afford them. We're pretty sure this is what caused the bleed. Totally preventable.

I'm workin on gettin her set up with Title 19,...she has no money or assets. Tomorrow we are sittin down with Dad to take him to school. Lots of things are gonna change. I don't expect Mom to come home anytime soon.

For those of you who still have your parents, Don't be afraid to ask the tough questions. Where and what are your Meds? What is your financial status, Where are your important papers? My parents have always been private about that stuff, so now me and my siblings gotta get tough with Dad and he ain't gonna like It. Wish me luck.

Good luck on that. Thankfully, my dad is pretty open about this stuff and relies on my sister and I to give him help when it's needed on filling out forms and things like, helping him locate the proper help, etc. It took him a little while to realize we're here to help.

Sounds like your mom is receiving excellent care. I've been in those shoes with nurses who are aces. It helps, and it helps to know they are there, dedicated to the care of your loved ones. It helps when the whole family is on board with the nurses, not demanding anything. You've done a good thing by funneling all the information through just one person. Nothing gets lost in translation bouncing back and forth between a handful of people and if questions need to be asked you're the family rep handling those questions.

You're still in my prayers, not just your mother. Something like this is a steep hill to climb and many forget the caretakers in the wake of the injured or ill.

Hey OC, Can I use that??? , "Parents are difficult to raise",...I like It, Right on the money,...

Ramenth,.I figured you of all people would understand what this is like,...I've been a caregiver for a long, long time....and I knew this day was coming,...but It's sure as hell different when It involves yer loved ones....

Pam is still Florida, Bless her heart,...She would leave in 5 minutes if I asked,..Told her to sit tight and enjoy her mini vaca with her bestest,...Mom is in good hands...

Good news I think...My brother sent me a text that said Mom was scolding him, in Full Sentence's,...For coming up all the way from Tennessee, ...I'll take that as a positive...I'm sooooo glad he's here,...

Prolly not a good thing that I went down solo today,...too much time by myself, watchin Mom while she slept,.....Thinkin about the Mom who reads 3k words a minute without a high school education, and now can't even see straight,...One starts to thinkin,... Next thig ya know the tears are comin,...

I gotta lay it down now and shoot for 8 straight on the bed,...Thanks for listening folks,... Jamie

Jaimus,I would too. Prayers sent.Someone(everyone?) ,gonna get scolded.The ire,and fight ,says enough for me.Prayers sent ,guy.

You, your Mom and your family are in my prayers Jaimus. thank the Lord she's in good hands right now. Stay strong and KEEP THE FAITH. God Bless my friend :angel5:

Update,...Things are lookin up,...Spent about 4 hours conversing with Mom, Short questions so she can give short answers,...She is still sayin words that don't fit, especially when she gets tired. They took the catheter out, she can stand and pivot with help when Its time to go #1. I haven't actually seen that cause she don't want me in there for that. Still got her dignity,...Movin the right arm a little, still not much grip tho...Took all the electrode/sensor dealies offa her head, and washed her hair which made her feel better.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers,...Looks like they're workin.

-
Back