Some suspension and brake questions

-
Those will have the 11.75" rotors and related parts. You'll definitely will have to use 15" wheels with that setup. Those are popular though, and have been in demand in the past.

Found a 78 Cordoba at the yard today with all front parts intact. Will those spindles work for this conversion?

Yes, absolutely. Grab every starting at the spindles and out.

As cudamark said that Cordoba should have the 11.75" rotors and caliper brackets. To run the 11.75" rotors you'll need 15" rims. But the spindles you can use either way, so if for some reason you're keeping a set of 14" rims you can still grab the spindles and use those with a set of 10.95" rotors and caliper brackets. The calipers you should be able to use either way, and I would grab the caliper brackets for the 11.75" rotors even if you don't intend to use them because there are plenty of people that would buy them from you.

Not sure how the yards are there or what the condition of those parts are, usually I just grab the spindles and caliper brackets and plan on buying new rotors, calipers and lines. Around here the price for the rotors and calipers are more than the corresponding core charges, so, I only take them from the yard if they look really nice (like I can use them as is). Otherwise I just buy new stuff.

Last edited:
-
Back