Some updated pictures.

-
what are you using for a thermostat ????get your self a mr gasket or other name brand,,jegs/summit/local speeed shop get a high flow 160 degree and try that,,, how many rows in that rad ???

Man... looks like your sweating every detail on this build. AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!! Have you fired it up yet? I want to know how the Pro-Max modifications perform. I also see you have their -6 fuel line set-up too. I just realized that's my next $150 I'm going to be spending on my car as I need to run -6 up to the carbs.

Your car is beautiful Lee. BEAUTIFUL!

Lee, the car looks really good. I'm calling out let's get'r on. Will you going to Tulsa with it? Would make and excellent event to debute at. Jim

what are you using for a thermostat ????get your self a mr gasket or other name brand,,jegs/summit/local speeed shop get a high flow 160 degree and try that,,, how many rows in that rad ???

A 160* thermostat WILL NOT fix a cooling problem...it might make it worse. A thermostat will only effect coolant temps if it sticks closed other that that it has no effect on max temp. That is determined by the radiator, fan, water pump and other engine factors.

Sounds like you are going through what I did a while ago. Ditch the FlowKooler pump...they suck. I bought into the hype to and it is BS. Get yourself a stock replacment pump from NAPA or someother parts store. Get an 8-blade unit for a HD cooling system from say a 3/4 truck with a 360. Then put a Mopar Viscious fan on there and say goodbye to your cooling problems. Mine rides the 180* thermostat all day long now even in 90+ temps.

Love the color, car looks great

Your maken me want to go out and put together my 65 Valiant :thumbup:

Well, the thermostate is up in the air right now. I'm going to put the lower one back in. I'm doing some testing right now with aftermarket gauges compared to the factory one two. I had the live one in a bunch of brass fitting and it was reading lower than the aftermarket live gauge where the factory sensor supposed to be so.........I'm going to cap off my heater core and use the hole in the intake and compare it again.

The radiator is a three core.

Lee, the car looks really good. I'm calling out let's get'r on. Will you going to Tulsa with it? Would make and excellent event to debute at. Jim

Right now, I'm trying to help family so don't even know if I'm going make the maple leave thing or not.

Lee, that car is totally awesome! Nice job! Dumb question: The solenoid in the trunk is a battery cut-off, right? What other functions do you use it for? Have you wired your alternator directly to the plus side of it? I need my battery cut-off on mine to shut the engine off, so I am just goung to run a #8 wire from the alt to the battery plus, but if you have done something better I would like to steal you idea! LOL! Thanks again for the great pixs and keep up the good work. She should run awesome!
Jeff

Lee, that car is totally awesome! Nice job! Dumb question: The solenoid in the trunk is a battery cut-off, right? What other functions do you use it for? Have you wired your alternator directly to the plus side of it? I need my battery cut-off on mine to shut the engine off, so I am just goung to run a #8 wire from the alt to the battery plus, but if you have done something better I would like to steal you idea! LOL! Thanks again for the great pixs and keep up the good work. She should run awesome!
Jeff

Give you email and I'll send you a tif diagram from what I got from MAD. It's for mopar only.

A 160* thermostat WILL NOT fix a cooling problem...it might make it worse. A thermostat will only effect coolant temps if it sticks closed other that that it has no effect on max temp. That is determined by the radiator, fan, water pump and other engine factors.

Sounds like you are going through what I did a while ago. Ditch the FlowKooler pump...they suck. I bought into the hype to and it is BS. Get yourself a stock replacment pump from NAPA or someother parts store. Get an 8-blade unit for a HD cooling system from say a 3/4 truck with a 360. Then put a Mopar Viscious fan on there and say goodbye to your cooling problems. Mine rides the 180* thermostat all day long now even in 90+ temps.

Are you running the March pulleys?

Are you running the March pulleys?

Yep....They were the next thing to go if the other changes didn't fix the problem. Try the Viscious fan first.....then swap the WP then the pulleys. That Viscious fan pulls a S-load of air. I also run an aluminum 1" 2 row crossflow radiator.

Yep....They were the next thing to go if the other changes didn't fix the problem. Try the Viscious fan first.....then swap the WP then the pulleys. That Viscious fan pulls a S-load of air. I also run an aluminum 1" 2 row crossflow radiator.

Can you tell me how big that fan is? As from the top of the radiator to the bottom of the radiator. I would hate to buy it and it not fit in the shroud.

i had major cooling problems with my 64 with a 360. i ditched the original /6 radiator in favor of a later 2-row 22" radiator, helped a little but not enough. so i decided to throw money at the radiator and had it recored by my local shop, its still a two-row (limited by the tiny bottom tank) but with a lot more tubes and fins. just by finding a different core they TRIPLED the amount of water the radiator holds. this solved all my problems. i'm only running a 17" flex flan and a cheapie universal chrome shroud, also a small pusher fan on front of the radiator. stays at 185-190 all the time even in 100 degree air temps. i have some cheapo ebay pulleys which are underdrive pulleys. next step i think would be to go to stock pulleys off a heavy duty motor from like a van or truck or something.
-tim

never said that the 160 high flow wood cure any thing,, a lot of times guys wont even run a thermostat,,,and thats a big problem,,

What part of So.Ca are you from. My shop is in Bloomtington,Ca.

dart64gt

Just reading some of the posts about heating problems and I have had some with mine. I have a moroso electric w/p and it does not use a bypass hose. With a 180 thermostat it would get up to 230. I gutted a thermostat, went to a spal 16" fan and added some purple ice and now I can keep it right around 200 on a 90 degree day. I still would like it to be cooler, but I don't know if it will get any better. I have a 22" alum radiator that just fits the opening in the core support.

Can you tell me how big that fan is? As from the top of the radiator to the bottom of the radiator. I would hate to buy it and it not fit in the shroud.

It is 15-16" in diameter IIRC. I'll try to measure it tonight for sure.

-
Back