Some updated pictures.

-
May I ask where you purchased the air-filter element? That looks like the same type that fits my 69 Roadrunner aircleaner. Too Cool!!

She`s looking awesome.
Love those first gen Valiants.
Yours and Daves66Valiant are prime examples of how sweet they can bee.

is that just a mini tub in the rear? whats you wheel and tire combo. thanks

valiant 002.jpg

Maybe, you thinking the Viscous fan clutch would be the way to go?

I was wondering about the viscous fan setup because I remember I had cooling problems with my warmed over 273, & I'm planning to use a 360 this time. I had the stock radiator, which is the same size as a slant six radiator as far as I can tell. The stock fan wouldn't cool the engine. I tried a fiberglass flex fan with the small, pointed blades & that couldn't do it either. I finally used one of the fans with the big stainless steel blades that flex at higher speed. I plan on modifying the core support opening so I can run a 22" radiator this time around. Was thinking about the fan clutch setup from Mopar (P4120758) because they say it can be worth up to 10 horsepower & 13 lb-ft of torque over a flex fan. They also say it can be 5 to 10 horsepower better than some other fan clutch/fan combos. For a little over $100 that sounds pretty cost effective. I'm just not sure there's enough room. I think my car used a 2" fan spacer. Anybody know if a fan clutch & fan is deeper than that? What about the fan diameter? I remember that mine came pretty close to the upper radiator hose.

Of course, there's always the electric fans. They probably give you just as much horsepower with only a slight increase in drag from the alternator.

:burnout:

I put the 65 core support in my car, so I got the bigger radiator already. Then I've lost some room in the shroud cause of the motor being shimmed up cause of my fenderwell's were hitting the frame. I think that I got a 16in fan in there now and I'm real close to the shroud.

Pic 12.JPG

Pic 13.jpg

I've been reading a lot of post's about the march pulleys not being good for street. So might be getting rid of those too.

The march pulleys are fine......just run the constant output voltage regulator. If you have the room put the viscious fan on there.....I had 2 electric fans pulling over 5000cfm and my car would still get to 220*.......I put the Viscious fan on and it rides the T-stat now and there was no performance loss at all.....if anything I might have gained cause of the better cooling.

BTW....that is a beautiful car.....I wish mine looked half that good. Simply a work of art.

sweet ride lee. my first car was a 64 barracuda, 273 commando, 4 spd, in 1969. btw, just posted a shot of my 67 cuda & engine bay. been a member here for awhile, but in lurk mode. spend most of my time on barracuda owners group @ yahoo. wiff

The march pulleys are fine......just run the constant output voltage regulator. If you have the room put the viscious fan on there.....I had 2 electric fans pulling over 5000cfm and my car would still get to 220*.......I put the Viscious fan on and it rides the T-stat now and there was no performance loss at all.....if anything I might have gained cause of the better cooling.

BTW....that is a beautiful car.....I wish mine looked half that good. Simply a work of art.

I'm running the constant output voltage regulator already, how will that help? Just curious. I'll look into the Vicious fan deal.

Thanks again guys.

Since the March Pulleys spin the accessories at a slower speed the alternator is spinning slower......with the factory regulator the voltage will drop when you go to an idle and with som accessories on it drops below 12V.....with the constant output regulator it will stay above 12V even at an idle.

I just put a voltage gauge under the dash and it stays rock solid at 11 1/2 or so. Didn't think about the voltage not being consistent with the pulleys. I'm also running a Flow cooler water pump also.

that valiant loooks great,,,,thats not your grand mothers valiant,,,,:thumbup:

Your car rocks, nice work. I'm getting ready to do the wiringing for my trunk mounted battery, cutoff switch etc. What wiring diagram did you use, Did you run your cables in the car or out. Do you have a schematic I can borrow?

John

Yeah those march pulleys are underdrive right? means your water pump turns slower too huh?

-
Back