Someone looking for a 340?

-

cascius

Reaction score
I vaguely remember a thread on here somewhere of someone looking for the numbers matching 1973 340 for their car. I can't seem to find the thread for the life of me, and was curious if anyone knows who that member is? I've got one I just picked up and figured I'd check the numbers real quick to see if I can be of any help. Thanks FABO.

That would be
cudacrazy67 he will be glad to hear from you
Don

Moparparts-Thank you. I was able to search his username and found his old thread. Mine doesn't match, but wanted to make sure I gave it a shot.

78kitcar-Mine is a 609606 according to the number above the pan rail.

Hey man. Thank you so much for thinking of my old listing on here. Not too many people would steP up reach out like you did. For that, I thank you. Too bad it did not work out but I'm still looking. Mike

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:I have a nasty,but streetable, 340 for sale, but it's in FL. 73 Block, virgin bore, but, Less than 20 miles on it, it has: a steel crank, shot peened rods w/ arp bolts, 10.5:1 Forged TRW pistons, moly rings, Ported heads (589) w oversized ss/ manley valves, crane springs and retainers, new cam bearings, a 484 MP cam and lifters, manley 4 groove locks, fully grooved mains, arp main bolts, high volume oil pump, Cloyes timing set, a miliodon 6 (or 7) qt pan w/ windage tray, new rocker shafts, MP HD Rocker arms, Holly Strip dominator, 750 holley vac sec, points dizzy, press the gas 2 times, turn key, and it lights, currently in my 66 Sat, Broke in correctly, this mill jumps right up to 7500 RPM, shifts hard, instant 7500 in snd gear, then 3rd. Only did that one time, to make sure the rings were seated. ( I know , you should not have to do that w/ moly rings, once cam is ran in) but that's how we have always done it) In car and running. The only Downfall ( 4 A body's) is a fresh 727 B Body unit that has a shift kit and a Kevlar front band that comes w/it. you could spray a 100 shot (or more) on this motor and it will hold ( but I never have put Nitro on it) Make offer....All parts are new...oh , and this mill has the 1/2" oil crossover pipe in the lifter valley. Keeps it alive after 5500 6500 (oils the top end) and I am sure I have forgotten stuff.......

Only reason I am considering a sale is I have a 440 six pax block, rods, 11.5 TRW forged pistons, w/ a tunnel ram , MP Electronic dizz, and ported heads, with a BB 727 manual VB, w/ a 3000 stall (and this is what i call a street car)....I got over 5 large in the small block...will consider trades. Thanks , not trying to be a D bag, but I see a lot of other folks tryin to help others out, so I thought I would put it out there...Hope I did not offend anyone......

Is the 340 you have for sale by any chance?

I've contemplated selling it recently but don't know what I want to do yet. If someone could prove they had the numbers matching car that it came from then yes, I'd definitely sell it to go back to it's original vehicle. Other than that I don't really know yet. I'd love to build it and put it in my Dart, but I've also been looking at a 5.7 Hemi. If I go the Hemi route then I'll probably just sell what I have to help fund it.

Well I don't have an original 340 car. I would be building the 340 for my 73 scamp, it would at least be period correct!

^ I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do. I'm trying to work a trade on a complete 5.7 Hemi setup right now, and if that goes through then it will be for sale. If it doesn't go through then it'll probably sit there until I get a chance to do something with it.

-
Back