Something cool happened to me yesterday.

-

DartIan

Reaction score
So I commute to college in my dart because its my daily driver. I Had class from 1 - 3:15 just like any normal day. Chemistry i like it but it drags on. And this class was particularly long today. I dont know why but everytime i looked at the clock it seemed each minute took and hour. So i meet my brother in the student lounge and told him i was going to wendy's for lunch and asked if he wanted anything. So then i walked outside. my car was at the end of an empty row that was packed when i got there. Nothing unusual. I walked up to my car and i saw a note. I panicked cause it coulda been a ticket (was written on yellow paper) or a note saying someone hit me and given there insurance stuff. So i took it from my wiper and read it. Apparently when i was suffering in class a photographer was photo shooting my car. Wow haha its a beat up old girl and someone was taking pictures of it. I dont know but it was very cool for me first time it has happened to me and it really made my day. I emailed him and he sent me some of the pics and said to call him so we can do a full photo shoot of it (with it actually being cleaned tire polish ya know)

Yes the car is not restored. The guy who owned it before me wasnt the best driver either. didnt take care of it and didnt even put everything back together. But looks good in the pics

DartSwinger4.jpg

DartSwinger3.jpg

DartSwinger2.jpg

DartSwinger1.jpg

that's cool.
and nice car -it does take a good picture.

Sort of reminded me of one day years ago when I had my '66 Mustang. A buddy with a brand-new 90-ish Mustang GT was parked behind me, and we were standing there talking. A couple who were driving by stopped, took a picture of my car, complimented it, and kept going.
The look on my buddy's face was awesome lol.

Hahaha well i didnt wanna say it but the guy down the lot who has a stingray corvette didnt have a note on his windshield hehehe Gotta love the classics

Yes it is a day-brightener when it seems like everyone's busy and no one cares that someone takes the time to admire and appreciate your car.

It really makes your day. I went to a car show last weekend. I think people with new cars that anyone can buy at the dealership were unhappy. I walked by and didn't take a picture of theirs and did on cars on both sides of them. I did my best to not have the new cars in any part of my shot.

thats cool mine was on the news 2 times on time at a car show and the other time it was just the back glass lol

That's awesome! The reason they attract attention is because these old cars don't look like every other "jellybean" on the road today.

When one of my drivers saw my '71 Dart he said "Hey! That's just like the car in the new Kenny Chesney video! I wondered what that was!"

dge467: im near the south shore in hanover

It really is cool and your right butterball. Anyone with enough money can buy a newer car that is common on the road. Yeah it may be cool in all but everyone has one. I think since its just simple and old nothing done to make it stand out really captures your attention. Simple old classic car. Its fun too. When you got a guy coming up to you and saying I used to own on of those! Aww i had so many memories in mine. Its just cool.

Cool!! Awhile back I was dating a cheerleader at my old highschool, after
I picked her up I noticed a car following me home. Turns out it was a kid at school, he was in photo class and he wanted to take pics of my car cause he thought it was cool. I said it was cool and he did, gave me some pics and said he got a good grade on them, pretty cool! BTW, the car was a big beat-up ugly green 66 Chrysler New Yorker 2 dr sedan....!!!!!

Mopars are cool no matter what shape they are in!!

So on a cooler note. I was sitting in my car reading again the guy Tim (The photographer) was back and saw me. He came and talked and shot the sh*t. Took more pictures with me my brother and the car and he said hed like to do a story bout me and the car. What?!?! I told him bout my dads car a 68 mustang and said thatd be cool to take pictures of too. He also said he has a model hed like to take pictures of on and around my car :D Cha ching? anyways i told him about this forum and he said hed look at it. But it just gets better.

Also on a side note he left and i closed my door (locked it obviously) And i stopped mid step. My keys were on my dash. Gawsh darnit. I went to the campus police asked for a coat hanger and he came with a fancy break in kit. I took a wire from him and we raced. I beat him breaking into my own car. haha go figure. well. ill upload more pictures of it when he sends me them. Especially if a model wants to come shoot pics on it!

-
Back