Something followed me home..

-
Tonight was a good night. Loaded the car up yesterday and took it to my buddies house to use his lift to pull the trans and, replace the front seal. The car hasn't been driven with the 360 yet because of the trans leaking. All went well and took it for a ride. Runs good and no leaking trans!!! After work tomorrow I will drive it home...success finally!!!

20220725_182917.jpg

20220725_190224.jpg

Tonight was a good night. Loaded the car up yesterday and took it to my buddies house to use his lift to pull the trans and, replace the front seal. The car hasn't been driven with the 360 yet because of the trans leaking. All went well and took it for a ride. Runs good and no leaking trans!!! After work tomorrow I will drive it home...success finally!!!

View attachment 1715961676

View attachment 1715961677
Great looking car congrats!

Glad you got it fixed! That's a cool lookin car!

I clean for like a week, hang plastic on walls ceiling. I have a exhaust fan from a factory ceiling exhaust that has been built in to a wooden box. It goes in the the garage door(big door) that is closed off with plastic. I cut a hole in the plastic to fit the fan into. It works great!! You can see the fan in this picture. The door way is covered in plastic and I cut a hole for the fan then, just staple the plastic to the fan.

View attachment 1715961662

Thanks I'm going to give this a shot with my engine bay paint job and see how clean I can keep it!

Just to update on why I believe this car is either cursed or, it just hates me. I was driving it home from my buddies house and, heard what sounded almost like a back fire coming from the drivers side exhaust. Got it home, it dies and, won't turn over. I'm attempting to track down the issue when smoke starts rolling, sparks are flying. I find that the actual metal eyelet of the positive cable actually broke in half...REALLY!!! New one on me. I could drive for 100 years and not have this happen. Put a new cable on and, won't turn over. The back firing I thought I was hearing was the end of the cable arcing off the starter. That shorted the starter out and so, I had to put a new starter on. The good news is it is all good now. This is the best this car has ran since I have had it.

20220727_183704.jpg

For those of you that have followed along with this fiasco it has come to my attention that, I never posted a video of it running. With no further ado...I will post better ones when I get it out this spring.

Your adventure with your car sounds like mine. I swear my car.hates me also. It was my first car, bought when I was 15, lost in 2003,.bought it back 10 years later. Been working on it ever since. Had it running, pulled motor to do body and paint, somehow got water in the cylinders, pitted beyond repair.

Just broke in the new 340 last week, now clutch line is leaking. Cracked flare... Lol. New line will be here tomorrow.

Your adventure with your car sounds like mine. I swear my car.hates me also. It was my first car, bought when I was 15, lost in 2003,.bought it back 10 years later. Been working on it ever since. Had it running, pulled motor to do body and paint, somehow got water in the cylinders, pitted beyond repair.

Just broke in the new 340 last week, now clutch line is leaking. Cracked flare... Lol. New line will be here tomorrow.
Work on old cars they say....it will be fun they say...lol. Its always something!!! Lol

With spring around the corner Sunday I will be taking the leaf springs apart to bring the rear of the car down some and, make it ride better. I will also be putting in a sure grip that I just built.

As possessed as it seems you would think it would repair itself overnight. ala Christine.

Put in the sure grip and changed the leaf springs around a bit to bring the back end down. Man!! I think it looks great!! Rides and drives AWESOME!!

20230226_134330.jpg

20230226_140547.jpg

Thought I would dust this off and say that after driving it some I started to have fuel delivery issues. If you kept it under 2,500 RPM it would drive all day long no issues. Replaced the fuel pump (that was new) then replaced it again, no luck. The only thing that wasn't new in the fuel system was the hard line from the tank. Replaced it and all is good. I also swapped carbs again and it seems to running great. I have been driving it to work as long as it's not raining. There are more thing I want to do to it but at least I can enjoy it.

Thought I would dust this off and say that after driving it some I started to have fuel delivery issues. If you kept it under 2,500 RPM it would drive all day long no issues. Replaced the fuel pump (that was new) then replaced it again, no luck. The only thing that wasn't new in the fuel system was the hard line from the tank. Replaced it and all is good. I also swapped carbs again and it seems to running great. I have been driving it to work as long as it's not raining. There are more thing I want to do to it but at least I can enjoy it.

Sweeeeet

Did you have to increase the size of the fuel line so it would pass more fuel to the 360?
No I did not. It's a factory 360 car so, if 5/16 was good enough for it new, it's good enough now. A little side note is that pretty much every mechanical fuel pump has a 5/16 hole to allow fuel in, even the ones that have the ability to change the fuel barb size, behind the fuel barb the hole is 5/16 so, unless your running an electric fuel pump where you can decide the size of the line all the way through the fuel system, having a 3/8 line from the tank to a mechanical fuel pump is not really doing anything. Next time ya have a fuel pump with a 3/8 inlet look down inside the inlet, that hole down there is 5/16.

Last edited:
-
Back