Sometimes 2 wheels are better than 4! Post yer motorcycle up...

-
This is from a couple of years ago, have thinned the herd some.
Bikes.jpg

Me and the boy out for a ride.

KTM.jpg

There is a reason motorcycle tires have rounded profiles.

Tales From the Dark Side: Putting Car Tires on Motorcycles

Nice to see there a few members who ride!

Here's are a couple shots of mine.

2007 HD Heritage:

20170225_120116_zpsluxu0gdy.jpg

At last year's Tijuana Toy Run:

85_zpswacedums.jpeg

What trail system is that ? 25 mile loop is pretty long for eastern single track... Idaho here is Mecca for back country riding.
We have thousands of miles of single track into nowhere .

single track pics 005.jpg

What trail system is that ? 25 mile loop is pretty long for eastern single track... Idaho here is Mecca for back country riding.
We have thousands of miles of single track into nowhere .

View attachment 1715040243

Nice, I have a 07 525 EXC. Have to ride about 5 miles from the house to get to dirt and Cleveland National Forest.

Thats great... I am somewhat familiar with a few of the east coast trail systems but have not made it out there to ride.
I dont know how much high country riding will be possible this year due to record snow pack...

this is only 6000 ft here....70 inches still...
I just took that pic!
1492628299800-1808010860.jpg

You have those bikes in there tight! Great use of space. My garage is maxed out :(

I'm down to three bikes now plus my son's KLX 110 and the kart.

Getting ready to swap motors in my dart so I have all my tools, welders, compressor, dart, 410 stroker, sb 727 and cherry picker jammed in there. Think I'm gonna have to stick the old motor in the driveway once I pull it until it goes away, getting to be quite the juggling act:lol:

Thats great... I am somewhat familiar with a few of the east coast trail systems but have not made it out there to ride.
I dont know how much high country riding will be possible this year due to record snow pack...

this is only 6000 ft here....70 inches still...
I just took that pic!
View attachment 1715040247

Paddle tire!

My 85 I did. A little banged up at the moment from a wreck, but she'll get put back together. 85 FLH with later model bags and fairings.

bike.jpg

Nice, I have a 07 525 EXC. Have to ride about 5 miles from the house to get to dirt and Cleveland National Forest.

i love riding trails, just be sure to keep your arms and legs within the cart at all times

i slipped of a footpeg once, and before i could get my foot back on it got caught in a rut, twisted backwards and shapped my ankle

funny thing is, the wife was 8.99 months pregnant at the time, so when the two of us walked into the ER they tried to put her in a wheelchair instead of me

(i was wearing a pair of fox comp 5 boots, and have since upgraded to alpinestar tech 10s)

i love riding trails, just be sure to keep your arms and legs within the cart at all times

i slipped of a footpeg once, and before i could get my foot back on it got caught in a rut, twisted backwards and shapped my ankle

funny thing is, the wife was 8.99 months pregnant at the time, so when the two of us walked into the ER they tried to put her in a wheelchair instead of me

(i was wearing a pair of fox comp 5 boots, and have since upgraded to alpinestar tech 10s)

Ouch! I have Tech 8's and like Alpinestar boots for their support. Sometimes makes me wonder how I survived as a kid wearing hunting boots.

There are times to have feet off the pegs... ( transferring weight thru a berm or counter balancing on a slow going obstacle )
But 99% of the time your feet should remain tight to the cases.
Keeping pegs sharp is also important....

i know this is supposed to be about the bikes...but is that a slant six with a shaker in the background of that first pic?

Good eye. That was the car that convinced me that a 225 could go. That car, mild 225, 3.55 gear and Firestone Cheater Slicks went 15 flat. The next Shaker Cuda went 13.49. Not real quick but 40 years ago it was respectable.

There are times to have feet off the pegs... ( transferring weight thru a berm or counter balancing on a slow going obstacle )
But 99% of the time your feet should remain tight to the cases.
Keeping pegs sharp is also important....

Yep, I like to do a lot of pig trails and technical hill climbing so I'm all over the place:lol:

Nice, have a set of SM wheels for the 525. Use to take the 450 in the picture to the Streets of Willow Springs and do track days. People on sport bikes hate it when you go up the inside in a turn:rofl:

-
Back