Sometimes you just get lucky.

-

jtolbert

Reaction score
I purchased an a-body 8-3/4" axle/diff from someone for $250. I stuck it in my garage several months ago and haven't looked at it since...I didn't even know what case it was. Tonight I finally looked. It's a 489. Score! Even if it needs a rebuild it's probably worth it at this point. Next time I'll determine whether or not it has a sure-grip unit. :D

Oh, and my Mustang rear caliper mounts arrived. Maybe I can actually get something done!

Good buy!
I felt the same way a few years ago when I bought me current '69 Dart. It was a sight-unseen (except for the photos) eBay buy out of Oregon. The previous owner said it had a B-body rear end in it but that was all he knew. I crawled underneath it when I got it and found it has a 489 carrier and an adjustable pinion snubber already bolted on. It got even better when I jacked the back up and both rear wheels spun the same direction - Sure-Grip!
The buy got a lot better when I found some things in the trunk and in the interior that the PO never mentioned in either the ad or when I talked with him on the phone: a complete brand new 3" exhaust system, new Auto Meter guages that he was going to put in a never-purchased Rocky Mountain Dash (that I've since bought), and a brand new B&M floor shifter. Guages and shifter were still in their boxes.

thats cool,,I just scored an NOS B&M 250 complete blower fully polished new in the box with everything for my 67 nova project,,this thing is sweet..congrats on ur score!!

thats cool,,I just scored an NOS B&M 250 complete blower fully polished new in the box with everything for my 67 nova project,,this thing is sweet..congrats on ur score!!
66-67 Novas are awesome!!!

To the op Great score.

-
Back