Sometimes your money ahead to buy a whole parts car

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
After looking at used parts prices for stuff like slant 6 to V8 part swap kits, disc brake kits, big bolt pattern swap parts, and A body rear ends. I just decided this would be a more of a budget friendly way to finish a 72 two door dart project.

Here is the 74 Valiant parts car.
After gas and battery it is now running and driving.

Highlights for me is it has the following that I need for a 72 2 door dart project car.

big bolt pattern hubs
8-1/4 rear end
spool mount V8 k member
73 later Disc brakes
V8 318 engine that runs although a little smokey
V8 trans 904 I assume

It also has all the little nuts bolts and hardware you end up not having when you need them. :D

The ashtray also had $6 in it :D

Attachments

• 351 Cleveland 001.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 242
  • 351 Cleveland 002.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 351 Cleveland 007.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 218
Yea you can never go wrong by buying a parts car I go to mine all the time for the little things that nickel and dime you to death. Looks like you have 6.00 less
In yours that you thought lol.:burnout:

Anybody know what this melted mess is for? car seems to still run and I have seen this on a couple other cars I looked at.

Attachments

• 351 Cleveland 003.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 207
looks like the goo that the VR has in it to keep the electronics insulated got nice and toasty

Anybody know what this melted mess is for? car seems to still run and I have seen this on a couple other cars I looked at.

its the back of the voltage reg they all do it
its some sort of glue to cover the board in it

...and A/C...and an ashtray full of money!!!

Totally depends on what you paid for the parts car. My 74 360 duster (loaded with options!) cost me $200. It was a $150 for the car and $50 for the tow to my house (guy wouldnt wait for me to go get my truck and trailer and come back so a flatbed was called).

Yup I bought a second car and after I got what I needed off it.I sold enough parts to cover the cost of buying it I'm still selling parts here and there.That parts car has more than paid for itself. Wish I had room to get a couple more!

Yep Your're going to get stricker posts from the rear door jambs. Drive gear and bearing assemblies from those rear regulators to renew your 2 door regulators. The list goes on and on. There are only a few little parts like the rubber hood wegies that it wont give up.
Happy moparing

Yeah, I hate killing cars, but it can definitely work out from a financial standpoint.

I bought a '74 Swinger that had been hit hard in the back (bent framerails) for $300. Pulled the spool K member, all the suspension (BBP power disks), steering column, master cylinder, rear glass, the entire roof skin (for my bronze GT with the rusted out roof), not to mention countless little trim bits. Even sold one of the front fenders for $100.

And to top it all off, I sold what was left it to the scrappers for $200. So I broke even without even considering all the parts I kept.

-
Back