SON-A-BICH Take a look at the rear end!

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
Just pulled it out, I wacked the ring and pinion. The ring gear is wacked on 2 sides. Both pics are different. Then there's the pile af metal laying next to the hog nose.

20045288531716419310887.jpg

20045283224907078836765.jpg

20045286450948878709560.jpg

I tore up some other stuff too, ripped off part of my lower rocker molding with the tire. Shook the trunk loose and chipped all four corner's on the tailight housings. Now I have to repaint the trunk lid :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm about fed up with this Hot Rodding stuff.

Tommorrow night I'm gonna cut off the old perches and change the pinion angle and weld a brace on the back of the axle to stiff'en it up. The wheel hop is what caused this problem. If this does not solve the problem then I'm screwed. I'll just have to run 40psi in the rear tires so they don't grab onto anything. :roll: :roll:

i told you man... its all that RAW POWER!!
it has to eat something man, it mustve been iron deficient :)
i love it, keep it as a trophy!!

Like they say "if you're going to do something, do it right!" You really did a good job of breaking those gears. Man I love your car :D

What do you expect from a 7.25 diff. Now if you had a really big rear end like a 8.25, that would never happen. NOT! Can you say DANA?

OlDuster said:
What do you expect from a 7.25 diff. Now if you had a really big rear end like a 8.25, that would never happen. NOT! Can you say DANA?
DANA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p Brett Moser and Strange mack a great set up for us Mopar guys!my mom and dad are looking into them for there big blocks the guy befor us sold the rear end out of my moms Car hers came wit a 60 and that car flew! :p

That is the exact reason I took the 4 speed out of my car. I had two choices. Put an automatic in it or put a Dana in it. Since the Dana would have added weight to the car and I was trying to lose weight in the car it was a no brainer for me. The car lost over 100lbs with the 904 over the A-833, Lakewood bell housing and SFI steel flywheel and clutch. But if you gotta row then your gonna blow. Get a Dana in there.

I'm gonna keep the 8 3/4. I'll put better gear's in and billet caps. If she blows the I'll consider something else. This car won't see any more drag strips so I should be OK!

Come on Brett, Even if your not at the drags your not going to be able to keep your foot out of that monster, go with the DANA! :D :D

There hard but not that bad once u do it for the first time iv done it plenty of times in my dads dana 70 in his truck and the 60 on the front of my truck once u get used to it its a breez! :wink:

Why would you want to change gears? Once you have the combo down you shouldn't need to. Even with the auto in my car I've broken another 3 sets of gears, but at least two of them were my fault, with a four speed it's going to be super easy to screw up and then, well buy buy. :lol:

I got the aluminum carrier from MP for my 8 3/4 and it probably helps absorb some of the shock but still with that kind of torque and a four speed it's a lost cause. The shock loads are just to much for it.

-
Back