Sooooooooo, I got me a Slant.

-

moparmarks

zippindippintie
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picked up this little gem. Is a 1966 225 with around 15K on a rebuild. Runs great.

20220128_163549.jpg

20220128_163601.jpg

It came with a fairly new set of Goodyear mud&snow tires. My Dakota 4wd has a set of highway treads that totally suck in the snow so a tire swap was the first thing I did. Both sets are the same size.

20220129_170247.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. Are you gonna use the truck?
I'm going to do a deep clean and a little detail and then drive it for a while but will probably sell it at some point. I got it with a parts deal. Even though I have everything to convert it to a small block that is not going to happen. Not going to lower it either.

Last edited:
I'll see how it goes. I'd like to keep it but I already have several other trunks and a few cars. Be cool to put some "happy ****" on it.:lol:

I'm going to deep clean and a little detail and then drive it for a while but will probably sell it at some point. I got it with a parts deals. Even though I have everything to convert it to a small block that is not going to happen. Not going to lower it either.
ugh. Maybe a sack of money will hit me in the head before you sell it. lol

I'll will be serviced and already for you to fly in and drive it back home. It should get around 25-28mpg on the highway.

Picked up this little gem. Is a 1966 225 with around 15K on a rebuild. Runs great.

It came in this sweet little 1987 D150 swb

Nice looking truck. Sounds like my 87 regular cab short bed D100 (that’s what the emblems say) that came with a slant/904. My grandson bought the truck without an engine/transmission. Him and his Dad swapped in a 72 slant/904 that I had given him a few months prior. They tried to get it running using the leanburn computer and finally gave up on it. Grandson then sold it to me since he knew I was into Mopars. That’s basically how I got it. The OEM seat was totally trashed so it was pulled.

36E257A4-F147-48BB-97C7-FA6C35223B87.jpeg

It's funny. Over the years I've probably owed around 30 of the tin grills, 72-80, and have several now but this is the first 81-93 that I've owned other than my 92 CTD.
If a sack of money will hits me in the head I'll probably keep. lol

Very nice truck , 87 d100 with what I believe everything/6 truck should have for a transmission.
I had a 76 slant 6 ramcharger with the factory installed role bar, someone from Georgia wanted it badly so I let it go.
Enjoy the ride , Mikie likie :thumbsup:

Cool truck! I have a similar one, slant and A833OD in an 82 longbed with no rust anywhere other than the usual underneath surface stuff.

DSCN1106.JPG

I'm going to do a deep clean and a little detail and then drive it for a while but will probably sell it at some point. I got it with a parts deal. Even though I have everything to convert it to a small block that is not going to happen. Not going to lower it either.
Looks like a fun truck. That 6/od combo is a good one.

Over in the next county I'm trying to work a deal on several cars that include a sweet little 81 D100 SWB stepside with /6, A/C and 833OD. No title and doesn't run but is complete and very solid.

20190416_092234.jpg

20190416_092243.jpg

-
Back