sound deadening/carpet materials suggestions…?

-

Chryslerkid

Reaction score
hey everyone,

i am researching into different options for sound deadening materials i.e. the classic silver roll that adheres to the floor interior or spray on coating. since i am sure many have done what i am about to do, i thought id ask around to find out what is the best and cost effective product to buy in order to eliminate the interior resonance in my car from my dual exhaust with my 40's flow master mufflers. to be clear, i am trying to install this underneath my carpet inside of my car and trunk. thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 258
I use dynomat it's great. Also ditch those flowmasters no amount of sounds will fix that drone.

Is there a kit for darts or do I just cut and roll the dynomat out to fit my spec needs? Any tools other than a razor blade needed for this job? Thanks

Just have my ex wife sittin in the passenger seat next to you...

I guarantee that you won't be able to hear anything else.....

I don't know how the dynamat is laid out, but the stuff I used was in 2x2 foot squares, I think. I'm pretty sure I used around 35-40 square feet to do the floor, half the doors, the rear deck, and the roof.

You'll need a small roller with either a rubber or wood roll in it, a sharpie, and a knife and/or scissors. Use the roller and sharpie to form the mat to the panel. If what you get is aluminum backed, make sure you wear gloves. The blades in the knife will probably get dull, so you may want some spares.

I used EZ-Cool. Half the weight and half the cost. If memory serves my right, I think it was $120 for a 4'x50' roll. Seems to work great.

Attachments

• P1090020.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 205
Either use the facory dampening material & jute or a butyl rubber dampener with an acoutstic foam. If you go butyl rubber the most cost effective is raamaudio.com. Read up on it, many think the butyl mats are for all sound insulation, they are not, they are for vibration dampening and you only need 20% coverage. Acoustic foam does the rest. Lots of good reading on the subject out there.

I bought Dynomat really cheaply on Amazon. I bought $120 worth and did the whole interior and the doors. I bought another one I want to do the trunk with, I just haven't got around to it. I can actually have a conversation inside my car now, where before you had to yell.

-
Back