sounding good

-

Mark Benson

1975DodgeDartSwinger318
Reaction score
My 75' Dart Swinger has a stock 318w/904 tranny.It has duel exhaust on it but is too small, 1 7/8 pipe, and too quiet.I want to put 2 1/4 pipe but don't know which muffler too use. What would or have some of you guys used that sound good but not too loud and it is my daily driver.

Quite muffler.....I have used twice before because of this very reason of a daily driver Thrush mufflers. I can talk to my kids when there in the back seat while at Hwy. speed. I picked them up from Sumitt racing. They will have a good roar on accel and a very quite tone while at cruise. Though they may advertise them as a modest flow gain, the simple fact of my engine going from a single exhaust to a larger piped dual is a gain. Pipe size alone is a good gain. Minor , minor drone.

I think they were about $25 a pop. If you can, use them with a X pipe to help tone it down further.

How about some Magnuflows? I have some on my 88 Mark 7 that is powered by a 5.0HO and it is quite at idle and cruise. However it has a real nice performance sound on acceleration.

I run 2.5 duals on my 74 318. I am running headers through 21'' long Dynomax Ultra Flo Bullets. It is very quite on the inside of the car but has a great tone one the outside.

What mine sounds like

I was leaning more towards the Dynomax Ultra-Flos sound.Would 2.5 inch pipe be too big for a stock 318? :headbang:

It is a touch big but nothing to be worried about. Through on an X pipe and it will do you fine. The slightly bigger size will give you room from engine mods later if you want to make them.

-
Back