Source for 273 Head Gaskets??

-
Slatsixdan had a source for lots of obsolete parts...Northern Auto Parts? Aisles of lots bought out from old stealerships and tons of NOS parts still in rotting boxes. Could you get .020 shim stock and actually make a head gasket? Cut the bores to size, punch all the passages out with a knockout punch and use a wire and mallet on a piece of wood to emboss all the raised portions to set the sealing crush height? Ive seen them come off old blocks and pitched them (351C bathtub gaskets, B-RB too) but I bet you could lather them up with indian head shellac and reuse them? I dont remember if they had a seperate fire ring or not, im thinking no.
I think that would be Northwestern in Grand Rapids, MI? Not sure but I think they shut the doors... maybe not. Northern is in Soiux City, IA. I use them for most of the stock rebuilds I do...

Do you guys put any kind of sealer on those head gaskets so they don't leak, or are they good to go with the correct torqued head bolts? Re-use OEM head bolts or order new?

This may be the site slantsixdan recommended. Old car parts northwest: Now known as Old Car Parts NW in Renton Washington. They have a eBay store. Google Old Car Parts NW eBay stores.

Do you guys put any kind of sealer on those head gaskets so they don't leak, or are they good to go with the correct torqued head bolts? Re-use OEM head bolts or order new?
I sprayed them with Permatex (red colored sealer) and used the stock head bolts. Make sure the bolt holes and all threads are clean. I used thread chasers and blew the holes out with compressed air (during the clean up process) and gave the bolts a little spray of WD40 before I put them in. Torque in sequence and in 3 or 4 steps to the final torque.

-
Back