Source for a GOOD trunk mat

-

Reaction score
Any one happen to know who makes a good trunk mat for 65 darts? My dart had a new one in it when I got it, but the dam thing keeps curling up really bad. Looks like, well you know what. Would really like to get a nice one that will not look like a fruit roll up in three months.

Thanks!

I am needing to order one for my dart too (I dont have one at all).
I have been eyeballing these ones on eBay. It says the mat fits 63-66 Darts.

Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/63-66-Dodge-Dart-Gray-Plaid-Trunk-Mat-NEW-/110741152396?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1966|Make%3ADodge|Model%3ADart&hash=item19c8afe28c

Picture:
$(KGrHqF,!icE5gFR+vM9BO,JsRpCHQ~~60_1.JPG

Goodluck on the search!

just get a bunch of thick books and lay it on for a couple of days... and even leave the trunk open and in the sun...

just get a bunch of thick books and lay it on for a couple of days... and even leave the trunk open and in the sun...

I will have to try the book thing. Leaving it tin the sun is what curled it. Had the trunk open at a car show las weakened and it rolled up some thing fierce. Thanks for the idea!

I dont think quality is the issue. Vinyl will draw if overheated.
If sun and heat drawed it and caused it to curl you may not get it back to flat. I would wet it down with wd-40 or linseed oil and rollit up the opposite direction for a while.

I dont think quality is the issue. Vinyl will draw if overheated.
If sun and heat drawed it and caused it to curl you may not get it back to flat. I would wet it down with wd-40 or linseed oil and rollit up the opposite direction for a while.

Thanks,
But I am afraid it must be the quality. It had a good but of curling before I left the trunk open. It has been getting worse just sitting in the garage. And as I had five of my friends parked beside me at the show with there trunks open also. None of there mats curled. Just mine. Granted there cars are GM's. But they all had new repo mats in them. Mine mostly curled around the edges, and the cut outs. Seems awful thin to me. First sunny day I get (has been gloomy for a week) I might try laying it upside down in the sun and see what happens. Thanks!

-
Back