source for stater wire pigtail/connector?

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a mini starter that I want to install. It has a round plastic connector (see pics) for the small single start wire. I did a search on this forum and I saw:
-go to a dealer and get a a pig tail for it.........
To which the reply was, "I went to the dealer and they had no idea what I was talking about"
and
-Go to a junkyard and cut a like connector off.
I really don't want to go this route. Multiple reasons, mostly the local yard is run by DICKS.

I also googl-ed and rockauto-ed to no avail.

Is this a industry standard connector? I figger maybe one of you electrical gurus will say, "oh yeah that is just a blah, blah, blah connector. Order one up at such and such"

That is what I am hoping for anyhow!

Thanks,

CE

starter1.jpg

starter2.jpg

I can get you one from a pick a part near me if you want.

Thank you for the part number. I'll give it a try, although if it ends up being $40 for a $2 part i just may go the used route! Gotta love the stealerships.... Can't believe i used to work for one.

Go back to the dealer and ask for 05017122AB. Its about $40
Hrrrm. Well called two dealers in my area. They say it is a valid part # , but cannot tell me what the part is. Grrr. They can tell me it is wiring related, but dont have it in stock so they can't look to confirm.

Okay, thinking the used route may be the way!

How bout calling a few starter manufacturers or alternator/starter rebuild shops? Maybe they can supply the pigtail or at least have a part number.

-
Back