Source for Vinyl Top Kit

-

1966er

Reaction score
So I've decided to install a vinyl top back onto the 72 swinger.

The problem is that I can not locate a supplier for the kit I need.

I see where a lot of people are saying get it from "Kee Vinyl Tops".

Problem is, they have run out of the color I need which is "Boar Gold".

I've searched the web without any success.

Does anyone know of anywhere else I can check?

Well, I called Legendary & the only top they have would be for a 69 Dart. They are asking $250+ shipping.

Is a 69 top the same as 70/72?

Still have to find out if the tops are the same from 67 to 72 2dr ht.

anyone? They look the same, but want to make sure before I order.

Thanks 70aar, but their price is higher than "Legendary"

I just pulled out my catalogue and it lists 1967-76 Dart & Dart GT the same

Attachments

• post.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 72
all Dart vinyls are the same.. the only differance is after 71 I believe some of them had the vinyl run the whole way down the a-pillar.. before that the tops all stopped at the top of the a-piller.. either way the tops that legendary sell all come with full a-pillar length (I trimmed that off for my Dart since the a-pillars werent covered on my car)

ok Speedracer, that sounds great. But, my car calls for the gold top & only the tan is available. So, I'm going to ask for a sample before ordering.

I'm thinking the vinyl ended at the A pillar top in 72, as mine has the hole for the trim molding at the top & is painted body color the rest of the way down.

How was the fit? I take it you're pleased? Did everything fit well below the rear window?

ok Speedracer, that sounds great. But, my car calls for the gold top & only the tan is available. So, I'm going to ask for a sample before ordering.

I'm thinking the vinyl ended at the A pillar top in 72, as mine has the hole for the trim molding at the top & is painted body color the rest of the way down.

How was the fit? I take it you're pleased? Did everything fit well below the rear window?

Well if you car has the hole for the trim up top then thats def where it goes.. otherwise the hole would've been at the bottom. As for fit, they are made big, so they have to be trimmed down.. The guy I had install my top has been doing tops and headliners for almost 30 years, so he made it look like a piece of cake.. lol.. and I was extremely pleased with my top.. check out the link in my signiture and check out the thread for my Dart.. you can see the top as it was going on and all finished.. As for that gold color, did Legendary say they didnt have it? They are pretty good about having all the differant colors and whatnot for tops, headliners and interior.. if they dont have it, do you have the build sheet for the car? with the code for the top? if so, give them that info and they may still be able to help you..

Another thing, if you need the clips for the vinyl top trim that goes at the bottom of the vinyl in the back, get a hold of RT Specialties.. thats where I got my clips..

Yes, I have 2 build sheets and the code is V1Y. I'll call them and ask.

I've been looking at RT Specialties, & they do seem to have a lot of the clips that I will need.

Thanks for that info. & I'll check your link out......

steve

-
Back