Sources for stock/oem style pipes

-

zpsull01

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to source stock/oem style exhaust components without paying an arm and a leg for them? Walker used to manufacture all the different sections of pipe but that does not appear to be the case anymore.

Find a good, local exhaust shop that still has the "bend cards" - lists of distances and angles to duplicate factory pipes with a bending machine and lengths of pipe. Several years back, a shop here did my 71 Fury Custom Suburban wagon. Nice dual in 2 1/4" aluminized pipe. Sport Suburbans had dual exhaust from the factory. I bought a pair of B body tailpipes from Flowmaster, via Wal-Mart online. They had a deal for free shipping.
If you win the lottery and have a B or E body, there's these guys...

Exhaust Systems - Gardner Exhaust Systems - Muscle Car Exhaust Sytems by Gardner

I’m probably just going to have to take it to a shop. It’s a survivor 75 Valiant with a slant in it. It’s missing the muffler and the over the axle/tail pipe. I can’t justify spending over $200 for a single small diameter pipe. It just sucks that 2-3 years ago you could get all the components for the entire system from walker through rockauto for less than what one tailpipe costs. I just dread taking it to shop since it’s a 75 and “had” a stock catalytic converter that is no longer present. I don’t have to pass emissions where I live but shops will not work on a vehicle without a cat if it had one as oem, at least without putting another one on.

Ya, Probably the best bet. I didn't know what you had or I wouldn't have posted a link to TTI. Put a want ad here. May be someone is parting out a car and has a cheap pipe for you.

-
Back