Southern Abody fans? TX/OK/NM/

-
A

Admin1

Just thought I would see how many A body owners/fans were around.

Show and swap meet season is coming up. I have plans to attend a couple so I thought I would see if anyone else is going.

I plan to attend
Decatur Swap Meet Feb 25-27th
Chickasha swap meet (don't know the exact date yet)
Pate
Vernon end of summer cruise and swap meet

Anyone else plan to attend any of these? Or know of anymore?

I have several a bodies. 74 Dart Sport race car, 72 Duster street car almost finished, 67 Barracuda fastback project. I am a member of Cowtown Mopars also.

Got a '64 Ragtop Dart GT in "arrest me" red with a white top. 318/904, 8&1/4" rear, disc brake conversion and big bolt pattern wheels. Like to find an 8&3/4 rear and old style "American Racing" looc wheels. Just bought a '63 Dart 2-door post car, gonna tow it back from Az this week. Plans to make it a long term project to do stuff I won't do to the ragtop (wheelwells, spring move, other racecar kinda mods).

I,m going to Pate.
Also, this will be my 2nd year at Vernon. Too much fun last year. I met some folks with south plains mopar club last year. They had a great spot on Main st and have offered to allow a few extra mopars to join again this year.

jhkintx, I love the pic in your sig. Other than the wheels and hood scoops, that could be the car I had in high school.

I'm down here in Houston.

That's OK, they BOTH look better than mine...

I have my 75 Dart. My dad had a 340 Swinger when I was growing up (it's now a class winner at Mopar Carlisle). I'm a fan because they are cheaper to buy, easier to make go fast, and are just great cars.

Also a member of Cowtown Mopars....

What's up K? (Housing cover worked great once it got trimmed).

Don't worry they all look better than my stuff!

But I have from now on to make it look better. :)

Please let me know about regional swap meets Just bought a 65 Barracuda all original but need a new paint job. Think it has 125,000 miles. Have a 67 that is a major project car but has a 340 in it. Needs a rear end since it is 4 on 4 . Hope to buy any other Cuda in other years that come up.

My son and I are on the tail end of a two-year build of a '74 Dart Sport for his first car. We just drove it out of the shop for the first time this weekend. Next stop is the muffler shop and on to the paint shop. Don't get too excited, it's just a slant six, but it will be almost show quality when we are done.

Jerry (and Aaron)

I'm over here in Weatherford, Tx with my '66 Valiant, has a 318 with a 650afb with a 904. needs a bigger rear end still has the 6 cy. rear and13 in tires .
tony

Im out here in Melrose NM with my 73 Dart Sport,75 Duster and 69 Swinger project, that is more like a pile of parts than a project.

Add me to the list. 63 Dart S/six race car (Just bought it Sat). 71 Scamp 340, 727. My first mopar was a 340 Swinger 1969. 13.98 stock on redline wideovals. Last Sat was the 66 swap meet in Joplin, Mo. This is a good meet and I think was only the third year. Next meet is Okmulgee, July 23. This used to be a really good meet, now it's down to almost nothing, but close enough I have to go. Anybody have pics of 63 dart race cars?

Hey now. I am in Denton, Texas and I'm restoring a 75 Duster I bought off of ebay. Slant 6, auto for now, but some day...
So far I have done a disc brake conversion, some front end work. Now I am working on the wiring and TRYING to find a front windshield gasket. Anybody know where to get one? Thanks

For the windshield gasket check with Harden's Muscle Car World at www.hardensmcw.com. I have a huge box in my dining room full of gaskets and seals I bought from them. Just waiting to get the car back from the paint shop.

Jerry

I work at a windshield shop..you can still get the w/s and gasket fairly easy, just check with a good glass shop and they can order it.

Hello, new to this board.

I live in Chelsea, OK (northeast corner of the state). Sure seems to be hard to find Mopar fans around here, especially A body people.

Currently have two projects going (74 Dart Sport and 71 Swinger) with a third (75 Scamp) waiting.

Don't live too far from oldfart and Phil7402.

Always looking for/buying/trading A body parts.

I'll be back in three months, eager to dig into my new to my 1969 Dart GT vert. And I will need lots of advice, and part source help...hint, hint, Austinites.....

I am just west of Houston in Richmond. I am finishing my 69 383 GTS, and also have a 71 340 Demon, 68 B-Cuda FB, 1930 Ford 5 window, and a 70 Duster parts car LOL.

-Dave

www.gtsdave.com

My fellow early Dart bud put me on to this site. My children include:a 63 Dart race car, 64 Dart Slant Six race car, 64 Valiant V-8 auto street cat project w/ my daughter, 65 Dart GT 362 cu in small block w/4-speed, all throttle-no bottle, not to be fooled with: no brag, just fact. 66 Dart bracket car project, 67 Dart Nostalgia Super Stock 440/auto. I'm in Saginaw, TX just north of Fort Worth. Regards RICK

hello everybody, i'm from the tulsa area, i have owned several A-B-E bodies, but i keep coming back to the small block A-bodies! my current vehicles are my 1976 "spirit of 76" dart sport survivor, & my 1973 dart sport, 360-4speed. it sure is nice to visit with people who have a common intrest! by the way my spirit car is for sale.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 74 Scamp. I bought it, and blew it up just two months after getting it. It is curently a slant/6, and it's gonna stay that way, but a few upgrades along the way.

mikedevore said:
hello everybody, i'm from the tulsa area, i have owned several A-B-E bodies, but i keep coming back to the small block A-bodies! my current vehicles are my 1976 "spirit of 76" dart sport survivor, & my 1973 dart sport, 360-4speed. it sure is nice to visit with people who have a common intrest! by the way my spirit car is for sale.
hello everybody, by the way i sold my "spirit of 76" dart sport today. sold it to a guy from canada, he flew in to tulsa & is driving it back to canada! he is also restoring another spirit car.

When is the Pate,Tx Show and the Vernon,Tx Show?

Alot of the posts here are oldddddddddd, does anyone read this area of the website?

-
Back