Space saver spare tire in an A body?!?

-
Not to hijack the thread, but is there a space saver that fits the small bolt pattern?

for a spare, a 5x100 wheel works, not perfect but will usually get you home, or if anything off the road.

neons
cloud cars
k-kars
caravan/voyager
fwd vw stuff

personally I have an SRT-4 aluminum spare in my neon, the wheel cant weigh more than 5-6 pounds

Keep in mind fellows that you want a spare tire pretty close in diameter to the tire that you run..... right? I mean those with limited slip rear ends? I didn't know for sure but wanted something close so I lucked out when I found the Crown Vic spare tire.

You are corrct sir!

I saw an article once where they mentioned that with different size left and right rear tires, you can burn out the limited slip unit in as little as 20 minutes of highway driving.

I think it was referring to large tires on a 4WD with something like a 3-4 inch height difference. You still do not want to take a chance with any height difference.

For a rear flat, you could always put the spare on the front and move the front tire to the rear to replace the flat. It may be worth the extra 15 minutes.

its better than driving on a flat......16"tall on one side and 26" on the other

Aren't the gas tank straps attached to the well? Mini tub is a good idea, it just might cause a problem securing the tank because the anchors will be lower than the bottom of the tank, no longer even with it.

All the 94 up Mustangs use an economy spare. Some of the wheels are even aluminum. 94-2004 is 26" tall. 2005 and newer are 27"

All are 5*4.5"

Surely, however, you are not going to use that bumper jack?

-
Back