Spam Claus

-
having trouble finding the flavored ones up here - given the choice between a hotdog or a fried Spam sandwich - I would have a fried Spam sandwich EVERY time.. a sausage grinder with peppers and onions would win out over both though..
Hickory Smoked is one of the newer flavors now, and one of the better ones. The Jalapeno, Bacon, and Black Pepper flavors are good too. The Low-salt one is still plenty salty.

All you guys hatin' on Spam, it's not any different than hot dogs or sausage. I bet if someone made you some Spam Fried Rice you would love it.

having trouble finding the flavored ones up here - given the choice between a hotdog or a fried Spam sandwich - I would have a fried Spam sandwich EVERY time.. a sausage grinder with peppers and onions would win out over both though..

To find the flavors, you may have to suffer a visit to Super Walmart.

Well, where's Karl with the Monty Python skit video "Spam Spam Spam Spam" ?:D

I just made a major mistake. I gave my dog some Spam. She loves it! Like ****** for dogs. She's goin nuts!

So are you ever gonna give me your address so I can send you a Christmas present? Not that I eat Spam but it might go well with it....

Was that for me? I dont remember that you wanted my address, but I will send it.

I love spam

we buy the singles by the box and often times ill give my kids one with a few slices of bread to take to school for lunch

I worked at a company once where us warehouse guys would sometimes pitch in and do lunch together
sometimes I would bring in a griddle and fry spam on it
(ad a few slices of white toast, some mustard and a single leaf of lettuce)

the smell of frying spam was enough to get everyone who ever served in the armed forces to come to the breakroom

obviously - you have NO idea.. what you are missing. :twisted:

I have eaten lots of spam when I was a kid I will admit it was better than going hungry but I swore I would never eat it again if I could afford anything else . now another bowl of seafood chowder .

If you looked in my (now passed away) Dad's motorhome you would find a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, 30 or so cans of spam and a freezer full of 1 inch thick ribeye steaks.
It's almost all he ever ate when he went on trips.

Fried Spam and eggs for breakfast.
Spam sandwich for lunch.
BBQ Ribeye for dinner.

That and the multi day of the week deep fried catfish he caught out of the Arkansas river.

I don't think I've had spam since I was about 12 years old. My Mom's parents used to take "us kids" fishin for perch, crappies, bluegil, and anything else we could catch, including bass "Spam sandwiches" for lunch.

They might 've fed us some when I was in the Navy, I don't remember anymore.

Yes you might have had it in the Navy, I know I did when I was in. Where I saw it the most though was when I was stationed in Oahu but it was the locals who loved it. In lots of noodle soup dishes and even served in the McDonalds' as was rice.

Mmmmm spam:

Spam sandwich, spam stew, spam n eggs, spam kabobs, spam and rice, BBQ spam sandwich, and on. Always at the hunting camp.

Best is chopping up the spam and mixing it with peppers and onions (sweet or hot peppers) season it and add some diced up potatoes. Wrap it in foil and stick up around the manifold on the old truck and drive to camp. By the time you got there it was cooked. We did the same thing on an evening hunt and put it down on the campfire coals. Be ready when we got back.

^^ ah ha - I see... 'splains it O:) Like me with brussel sprouts..

my wife makes Brussel sprouts with a great cheese sauce
I generally get yelled at because I always pick one singular sprout and use that one to eat as much of the cheese sauce I can :D

My favorite, is cut a can into 4 slices and throw it on the BBQ grill.

-
Back