Spark plug gap

-
Still running a mechanical pump.

I think your needle and seat in your rear bowl is plugged....just pull it out and clean it....

I have a similar set up....but only 322 C.I. w2 heads unported, 231 @ .050 purple shaft...1.7 harland sharp rockers. TTI step headers...9.5 dynamic converter (3500 Flash) In a 3000 lb 66 Cuda...When I had exhaust manifolds ( 1 3/4 outlets:!: ) on it with a 650 holley....went high 13's...

Installed TTI HEADERS and a QF annular 750 and the car seemed to slow down half track...( Ran 14's):wack:. I had 68 jets in the front 78 rear.... car was way lean. ( I was going off someone else's setup) Then I put 70 front and 83 rear and it went down to 14 flat but the track closed. My car should run 12's easy when I get this friggin carb/ fuel system dialed in.

I am running a stock Napa (340) fuel pump...I think this is my problem...Maybe yours also.....

I just threw 74 jets in the front and 85 in the rear....Hoping its going to wake up....

You probably fixed yours by now or threw on your other carb....but I thought I would ask..

if you have 74 and 85 jets in a 650 dp...you are running out of gas...what size fuel line:?

i am assuming you have a power valve installed in the front....you should be about 8 jets different from the front to the rear.

Tony,

It's a 750 annular.... real nice carb from quick fuel...I am still getting it dialed in. I literally bolted it on and went to the track. When I ran it, I had 70 jets in the front and 83 in the rear. ( Yes it has a front power valve.) That's how it came out of the box...

I am thinking because I only have a 318 I need to jet up a little more than most. I put some 74 (front) and 85 (rear) in the carb last night....I need to take it for a test drive. I do have a stock 5/16's fuel line and a stock Napa 23 GPH pump @ 6psi.

I am going to have to switch up to a 3/8's sending unit and a 3/8's line with an electric pump...Maybe I should start a new thread so I don't bother everyone on this one...I just wanted to figure out what happened with the green duster and what he ended up at with jets...

Fuel pump for sure. More jet, stock fuel pump just can't feed, and the plugs will be always white, even with bigger jets. Also check your fuel line and carb needle.

-
Back