bg 650 mighty
10.5 to 1 cr
tti headers
535 hp at 5200
531 tq at 4200
904 with tf-2
This will be in a 72 dart swinger with a 8 3/4 with 3.23's
FBO ignition

Stock plug opened up, perhaps a step or 2 colder at best. Actuall maker of plug is alot like a hair style or fav. beer to drink..........Whatever works for you.

Rumblefish, can you give me a plug number? I tried a stock plug but I can't get the hex in the hole, but a tapered seat plug will fit but I don't know the number to use.

Rumblefish, can you give me a plug number? I tried a stock plug but I can't get the hex in the hole, but a tapered seat plug will fit but I don't know the number to use.

A stock plug....that the hex can't fit in the hole? Stock head to the stock engine? What year engine and head?

Tapered plug? What plug?

Below are OE numbers for a couple of engines. HIgher the number, the warmer the plug.
R = resitor
N = size or reach
number = heat range
Not sure of the Y or C
RN12YC are the Chamions. Thats the superseded number I believe.

Stock Champs for a 340, 68 - 72, N9Y colder plug

(Note the years covered for the 340.. Theres no worry about emmisions and the engines comp. ratio is higher than the '73 + engines. Clue????????)

1973 - 340, N12Y, a warmer plug.
early 360's, N 12 or 13 Y
'67 - 318
J14Y 3/8 reach
N14Y 3/4 reach
Both above are warmer but notice the different length or reach.

Edelbrock uses a smaller hex on there heads. As so recomended by them.

Sorry, I'm a little lost and do not feel like I answered the question properly or enuff. I hope I provided enuff of old history here to give a decent part man a clue to look for.
I can not remember the Edelbrock head recomended plug number, but I have a feeling that the RN12YC is it. It has a reduced hex.

I'd start with the 12 heat range. Your probably good there.

Rumble, edelbrock recommmends the rc-12yc champion, should I stay there or go one colder? Also, I tried the ac delco plug for the 340 and the hex was too large for the hole on the eddys, that is what I meant by too big.

-
Back